LegacyGT.com

2008 headlight bulbs

tito_b0y

are '08 bulbs still H7's? i'm 99.99% sure they are, but i just want to be completely sure before i order my HIDs.

i'm almost certain i'm going 4500k, but can i get some other opinions between 4500 and 5000?

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

I'm pretty sure they are. That info is in your owner's manual in the Changing Bulbs chapter of the Maintenance and Service section if you'd like to really be sure.

Actually, the owners manual for the 2008 says the the fog light bulbs are H3, but when you pop one out you find that they are actually 9006.

The low beams are H7 and the high beams are 9005.

Actually, the owners manual for the 2008 says the the fog light bulbs are H3, but when you pop one out you find that they are actually 9006.

The low beams are H7 and the high beams are 9005.

WHAT? i just ordered some h3 Bulbs

Don't bother with HIDs on the fogs and hibeams...use HIR bulbs

9005 = 9011HIR

9006 = 9012HIR

Simple bulb replacement, really bright, no hassles of wiring some shoddy made in China ebay HID kit, only to have it fail cuz the ballast isn't watertight or something stupid like that.

I'm looking to upgrade my bulbs on my 07 LGT. I want a nice yellow bulb for the fogs, probably an HIR bulb. I want a nice crisp white beam from the lows and highs, any recommendations for these? I'm not going the HID route, just wanting to get some really good bulb replacement upgrades. Any recommendations would be great! Thanks in advance!

I'm looking to upgrade my bulbs on my 07 LGT. I want a nice yellow bulb for the fogs, probably an HIR bulb. I want a nice crisp white beam from the lows and highs, any recommendations for these? I'm not going the HID route, just wanting to get some really good bulb replacement upgrades. Any recommendations would be great! Thanks in advance!

This is the basic "best you can get" for the current Subaru Legacy vehicles.

Low Beams (Plug-and-Play)

High Beams (Slight modification necessary, should probably disable DRL also)

Fogs (Models using H3 bulbs)

Fogs (Models using 9006 bulbs)

I believe the 2007 uses H3 bulbs for the fogs, but you should confirm that before buying anything. 2008 models definitely use the 9006 bulb type for the fogs.

This is the basic "best you can get" for the current Subaru Legacy vehicles.

Low Beams (Plug-and-Play)

High Beams (Slight modification necessary, should probably disable DRL also)

Fogs (Models using H3 bulbs)

Fogs (Models using 9006 bulbs)

I believe the 2007 uses H3 bulbs for the fogs, but you should confirm that before buying anything. 2008 models definitely use the 9006 bulb type for the fogs.

Sorry, I didn't word my post properly. I know what the replacement bulb #'s are, I'm just trying to see what the best replacement bulb brand and model of bulbs are. For example, I want a bright white low beam and high beam, and I would like a really nice crisp yellow bulb for the fogs. What are any recommendations from anyone that has replacement bulbs. Just want to get the best pretty much that I can get with just replacing the bulbs. Let me know, thanks!

You mean HIR or whateva kind of bubls?

I got PIAA Ion Crystals for fogs ...they're yellow/amber w/some hints of blue in the center.

PIAA Xtreme White for lowbeams ... those look nice.

and PIAA GTX for high. Dont use those very much, but when i do they're nice and bright/white

You mean HIR or whateva kind of bubls?

I got PIAA Ion Crystals for fogs ...they're yellow/amber w/some hints of blue in the center.

PIAA Xtreme White for lowbeams ... those look nice.

and PIAA GTX for high. Dont use those very much, but when i do they're nice and bright/white

Do you have the HIR bulbs, or are those just the regular replacement bulbs? I used to have PIAA in my civic, but my civic didn't have projector headlights, I noticed a little bit of a difference. How do you like the fogs? Are they pretty yellow when standing away from the car and looking at them?

Archived