LegacyGT.com

Gas leak and dealer is clueless..

I have a gas leak... again. Literally leaking out and on to the blacktop. The first time I took it to the dealer and they had my car for a total of 2 weeks because they kept getting the wrong gaskets to pull the manifold and replace all the fuel lines. Then they break my coolant tank and I had to replace that..final bill was $490 minus the coolant resivor.

Few days after this I kept smelling the raw fuel, but no leaks. Well this lasted for a couple months until a a few weeks ago. I took it to the dealer and they can't seem to find where its coming from and have me convinced its because its cooler outside at 60° in the morning and the lines are shirinking...Go figure..

Its coming from the rear of the engine on the passenger side. I Cannot find where its coming from. Any ideas? I would go to another dealer tbats around here, but a local with the same exact car tried to get them to work on his and they flat out told him " no we don't work on 05- whatever lgts, their pieces of crap.."

I smell row fuel driving, cold or hot. Any ideas?

If your smelling it, I would think you'd be able to see evidance of the leak.

May be check the firewall for the canistor or where the fuel return lines are.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

could also be they left a line loose, or didn't replace the clamps. I didn't replace a couple clamps on mine, just tightened them and eventually they worked themselves loose. Good thing it was on the lines on drivers side right under manifold I could get at them without removing anything since I spun them all the right way the first time around

Well, I've seemed to have found the leak. Right under the manifold out of reach.. I guess I'm going back to the original dealer to see if they will actually fix it this time WITH my receipts for when they supposedly changed out and tightend down the hoses the first expensive time around.. I'm also going to contact SOA. /rant.

Its in the center of the picture right at the clamp. The hoses are supposed to be new, but I can honestly say they look to be the same old ones.

http://i1241.photobucket.com/albums/gg502/00rs25/IMG_20130519_125118_168_zps91fc9494.jpg

Archived