LegacyGT.com

Factory gauges that fit in the cubby.. new for 06

Chris112

If you look in the new legacy 06 accessory catalog you would see on the back page that there is now a factory accessory that has boost, oil temp and oil pressure gauges in a little display that fits in the useless cubby on the 05's. I dont see why this wouldnt work for the 05's and figured this is something that everyone was doing anyways. So instead of chopping up your cubby you can get a factory fit piece that looks like it lets the door close.

Sorry if its already been posted, but I thought you may want to check out the accessories that are new.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Are the 06 accessory catalogs available in dealerships? And do they have the price?

I was just doofing around on the mitsubishi site and their "build your own evo" and they have a triple gauge pod accessory for around 500$. Isn't subaru's STI triple gauge pod about the same?

Not too bad I suppose. But it would be good to have official printed material.

I am NOT paying $500 bucks for gauges. I wouldn't pay $500 for navigation with digital gauge readouts included. I would be interested in seeing what it looks like though. The very creation of such a pod is encouraging. All we have to do now is wait for Autometer to get their hands on it and we'll have an affordable option at last.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

The gauges are $775 list price. Part number H5010AG000. I did notice today that the clock display under the cubby is different now. I didn't think to look inside the cubby to see if it's different (mounting holes or such). The new display has a "set" button for the time and no dimmer button. The orange passenger air bag light is now up where the passenger seat belt light is by the overhead map lights.

Guest *Jedimaster*
No. The 06 has a different clock display than the 05. I don't know if they changed anything with the cubby itself. Maybe the parts dept. could look up the cubby for both years and see if they share part numbers.

Interesting- does it have other things displayed in the clock section? I'd like to have something a little different in there.

It no longer has the brightness button. the + and - buttons are next to each other with a "set" button underneath them. The passenger airbag light is now next to the passenger seat belt light up by the map lights. I prefer the new setup but I don't know if they could change the wiring for the airbag lights to run up to the roof.

For 15 months I've been debating whether to get this gauge pod or not. I can tell you with 100% certainty that it is the exact part number I have from my Canadian accessory price list from when I got the car. It should fix the 05 since as I said it's been out for well over a year and is listed in the 05 guide. I think I even asked if anyone knew what it looked like about a year ago and no one knew.

$700 would be a steal. That's about $820 Canadian and the MSRP price here is a whopping $1,434.20.

See my first response to this a year ago: Here

Well a friend of mine bought some today and we stayed at work to install them in his 05 GT..

They are great..

Look good and are actually deffi gauges.. They do the sweep and everything.. Not sure if its worth $700 to everyone but they look stock and fit good..

Guest *Jedimaster*
Well a friend of mine bought some today and we stayed at work to install them in his 05 GT..

They are great..

Look good and are actually deffi gauges.. They do the sweep and everything.. Not sure if its worth $700 to everyone but they look stock and fit good..

Pix?

Sorry I didnt take pics... i wish i had a camera there.. I will take pics on monday when i see him again... The light up white like the dash lights ...

I am unsure about what you are asking with the alarms and peak values...

can you set a max boost pressure or oil temp or oil pressure? If you can then there may be an alarm to warn you if you go over you warning value. Maybe a little light to come on and blink. peak value means that the gauges will remember your top boost, oil temp or pressure for your run cycle (probably from when you turn the car on until you turn it off) and then replay them for you if you push the button. I highly doubt these gauges have any functions to them but since you're the only person to put them in..........might as well ask ya.

I didnt see an option like that.. There were no lights and not much of a computer to run anything for it.. Its not like the brain of the bigger individual defi gauges..

So as far as I know there is no alarm...

Archived