LegacyGT.com

Oil supply line.... oem replacement

The long and short:

Replacing a blown turbo. Got new oem oil hard lines (and banjo bolts) with the turbo.

HOW THE HELL DO I INSTALL THIS THING? Is there some trick I am not seeing?

Currently the turbo is out of the car. Do I need to pull the intake manifold to get the line in place?

You'll also want to make sure you tighten all the gas line clamps while the intake is off. They have been known to leak when its cold out.

Here's a picture.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4749.jpg

You should replace the seals where the TGV's meet the heads too.

Not sure if auto parts stores have those.

Have you replaced the orange o-rings between the intake and TGV's yet also ?

here's another for reference

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x40/92Si/DSCN4769.jpg

A lot of us leave the filter out of that banjo bolt. I have both mine removed.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Yes, When I did my o-rings it was a PITA to lift just one side of the manifold enough to slip the old out, etc...

When I removed the manifold for the engine rebuild, I unbolted the TGV's to heads, I think there was one other bolt under the manifold but it was easier to lift the intake off the block that way.

When you see the old black o-rings next to the new larger orange ones you'll understand why they leak.

Take your time, zip tie all the vacuum lines after wards, you can do this.

You'll enjoy the vacation pic's I sent you. THe GT engines start around page 1600.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

• Mega Users
Yes, When I did my o-rings it was a PITA to lift just one side of the manifold enough to slip the old out, etc...

The drivers side closest to the firewall. Like Max said, just take your time. It is VERY helpful to have an inspection mirror to make sure all of the rings are properly set. I ran into a lot of trouble with this.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

I am not trying to turn this into a bitching session but I just ran into another issue and I really need to vent.

Why do they have a screened banjo bolt behind the timing cover! Seriously!? So, anyone that wants to check the screen in that thing needs to pull the front timing covers, pull the belt, pull the cam sprocket, pull the rear cover, and only THEN can they pull it. Unreal. Clearly the designer of the external routing of this engine never wrenched on anything in their lives.

PS I just did the timing belt 100 miles ago...

Ugh. Time to get back to work.

You can file the top off the bolt and remove it with the cover in place.

That's what HAMMERDOWN did, he has a DIY thread here somewhere.

PM him for the link.

It sounds like you have a clue and know how to work on your own car, think about, you can figure it out.

• 3 weeks later...
hey running into this as we speak, pretty much going to cut the old oil supply line, but yeah have the slightest clue on how to get the new oil supply line on..any pictures or comments on what can be done? dont wanna spend another $200 on the stainless lines, even though it might be an easier route...

Archived