LegacyGT.com

Cobb real time maps stuck to ECU

bnguyenbb6

So long story short, after installing an ATP 3071, I've been working with an opensource tuner to get the car tuned. We ran into a hitch while trying to dial in boost. It seems the Cobb OTS Stage 2 Target boost and WGDC tables are stuck to the ECU. I had a V1 Accessport back in 2008-2009 which has been unmarried and sold(back in 09). I've since been retuned via opensource by a different local tuner that didn't seem to have this problem or catch it but it does explain a few boost related anomalies I've noticed over the years. Does anyone know how to wipe the real time tables from the ECU?

The current tables in RomRaider read 85% WGDC across the board and target 20psi in the WOT column. I've attached a log showing what the ECU is seeing. The values line up with a Cobb OTS map. I don't have any logs of the previous opensource VF39 map showing target boost or WGDC and when I was self tuning, I switched to a hybrid boost set up so the WGDC table was set to 100% everywhere(MBC mode). I assumed it was actually at 100%. The tuner suggested borrowing an AP to marry then unmarry to wipe the tables but it seems like a hassle. TIA

romraiderlog_20121018_211117.csv

it sounds like your ecu was not divorced or something went wrong during the divorce. the V1 AP doesn't use the normal boost target tables if you have a MT. if the opensource tuner is adjusting it as if it is running stock code, then the boost target tables he is adjusting are not the ones being used by the cobb altered code. try asking him to treat the car as if it is a cobb v1 AP modified ECU that the image has been dumped from.

According to the V1 AP, it was divorced. Which target tables does Cobb use? Do they show up in romraider or ecuflash? He said that we are stuck until I can wipe the tables. Will marrying a V2 AP and divorcing it work?

it is a mix, but I think boost uses the AT boost target A instead of the MT boost target B. when the V1 divorces it will likely have written a modified A2WC510N map to the car, with the tables modified with stock values. the logic still uses the wrong tables but Cobb has also gone and modified the table contents to match this. the V1 doesn't really revert to stock when you ask it to.

A couple years back I did some experiments to figure out which tables were used, but I don't have all the mapping with me. Basically I used the AP to write known values to the tables and then took a dump before and after divorcing the AP. IIRC I filled each table with an obvious value (all 1, all 2 all 3 etc....) then took a dump.

took a dump before and after divorcing the AP. IIRC I filled each table with an obvious value (all 1, all 2 all 3 etc....) then took a dump.
you must have a lot of fiber in your diet.:p

on a more serious note, glad you fixed it OP. this is an interested read, filed away for mental future reference. :)

Archived