LegacyGT.com

Seriously. Need some advice/help.

I have an 06 2.5GT Legacy! Awesome ride. I have a CBE installed, and cold air intake. I want to get a DP next but have a few questions that I would like to clear up first.

1. If I get a new DP installed, do I need to tune my car?

2. If I do need to tune my car, how do I go about doing this? Do I get a cobb AP, tactrix cable.

3. If I do get a tune, is it possible to have multiple maps. For example, one for daily driving to maximize MPG and another to let loose on the weekends?

Any help is greatly appreciated! If anyone doesn't mind chatting through text, PM and hopefully we can swap some information. Thanks fellow SubieRu's!

1. yes, already do because of the CAI, your maf scaling is likely off.

2. yes, AP, or can go open source.

3. yes.

4. use search

almost all of what you just asked is in stickies at the top of this, the turbo powertrain and tuning forums. "site:legacygt.com" plus your keywords entered into google is the best way.

Thanks for information guys! A few other questions. If I go with the Cobb AP, from there how do maps/tunes go? Do I tune it myself or can I still get someone to tune it for me through the AP. I'm pretty knowledgable on turning wrenches and what not but tuning is something I have never dipped into.

My CAI is K&N and my CBE is Magnaflow. What do you mean by "Unless your intake is Cobb it doesn't apply" ?

It's a catted UP if I'm not mistaken. Why do you recommend that along with the DP?

It comes with pre loaded maps but its best to have someone build you a tune for your exact setup.

Up pipe recommended to prevent a failure in the future, the cat in it will fall apart and go straight into your turbo.

just buy the grimmspeed uppipe from the outset. I messed around with a discount brand, wouldn't seal, then gutted my stock one (messy, hard, and can still send screen up into the turbo).

Sounds good. I'll get the UP along with the DP. I am going to go with the ERZ CDP. Another question about the AP.

When you say it comes with pre loaded maps, what does that mean? I mean, since I'll have a CAI, and a complete TBE at that point, do I just select those options on the AP and it flashes a map based on those variables? I'll look into the reviews on the grimmspeed UP but do you have any other recommendations?

there are OTS (off the shelf) tunes for stage 1 (stock hardware) and stage 2 (catless up and freeflow down) and stage 2 + CAI (cobb or AEM). catbacks don't significantly impact fueling.

beyond that, you would want to get a custom tune.

If you are even reasonably computer literate, I would look into open source tuning, buy a tactrix cable and either e-tune (email logs back and forth with tuner to build a custom map) or if there is a reputable tuner in your area, get a road or dyno tune.

Archived