LegacyGT.com

Comp Stage 3 clutch kit

I'm being offered an outstanding deal on this clutch kit. Only thing really holding me back is 1. it comes with a 13.7lbs flywheel, which i cannot see being extremely quiet. and 2. not that many lgt owners seem to run this clutch.

i do know that competition makes great products, but does anyone have any personal experiences with these? the reviews section only shows one review, from 2010, before these were improved.

i also plan on ordering he tsk3 kit, hoping to keep the noise down.

initial plan was to go fx300 with 06-07 wrx smfw, but the comp kit is substantially priced down.

I would probably go with the FX300 with 08+WRX SMFW. I have the Comp Clutch Stage 2

and I find it very loud. I have a lot of chatter, and extensive judder when it was new.

Smoothed out a lot, but I still get it when it gets hot. Happens when I slip the clutch a

bit in traffic, so very on and off when hot. I wanted something that could be daily driven,

so the CC Stage 2 was a bit too aggressive for my setup, but I have gotten used to it for

the most part.

Will more than likely try the FX300 setup if I burn the CC clutch up.

I would probably go with the FX300 with 08+WRX SMFW. I have the Comp Clutch Stage 2

and I find it very loud. I have a lot of chatter, and extensive judder when it was new.

Smoothed out a lot, but I still get it when it gets hot. Happens when I slip the clutch a

bit in traffic, so very on and off when hot. I wanted something that could be daily driven,

so the CC Stage 2 was a bit too aggressive for my setup, but I have gotten used to it for

the most part.

Will more than likely try the FX300 setup if I burn the CC clutch up.

thanks for the review man, that helps alot. the one thing i absolutely dont want is noise.

strizzy, heres my build thread. ive been on the stock clutch entirely too long. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/charlie-sheens-current-white-girl-185043.html

Archived