LegacyGT.com

Broken TGV, can I tune it out?

Zac88

So long story short, I broke a TGV motor while taking out my banjo bolt filter last year.

The car still runs completely fine. I tried replacing the motor but its impossible since you have to remove the Turbo to pull the motor off the rod for the TGV flappers.

Is it possible to just get a tune that will keep the TGV's open and I could just unplug them all without having to buy TGV deletes?

the tgv's need to be open if left disabled. some people have failing motors and they stay stuck open- this isnt a problem with engine operation or drivability. it is if they get stuck closed (real cold weather). You can disable the CEL's related to the tgv's, you can't tune the tgv's in how they operate. disabiling the CEL's doesn't cause the tgv's to stop working, it simply just wont throw a code for that problem. if your tgv's are stuck open i'd disable the code for the time being, and the engine will operate fine. who knows if it'll unstick, but i'd have a plan for when and if it gets stuck closed, which may or may not ever happen. if it gets stuck closed, you need to fix it...the engine chokes as the tgv flappers are closed and only a little air can get passed them and into the intake runners/compustion chambers.

• 2 weeks later...

If you broke the passenger side TGV hardware, you broke the sensor not the motor which is located at the front of the engine. I broke mine as well. Actually, I was getting TGV codes on my unmodified car. As bmx states, you can disable the CEL(s) and everything will continue to operate just fine. I got tired of the TGV system bitching and killed the following DTCs:

P2004 - P2009, P2011, P2012, P2016, P2017, P2021, P2022

Archived