LegacyGT.com

Subaru Wave?

kaz98gt

Alright,

Some people may know of the wrangler wave (if you see another wrangler driver you wave to them). Lately though I've noticed something pleasantly surprising.

People in other nice wrx's or legacies would wave. I'd wave back too, but now it's been happening a lot lately and I really want this to catch on.

Is their a subarea wave now? If you have a wrx and you see another wrx...why not wave? Let's make this catch on...

Alright,

Some people may know of the wrangler wave (if you see another wrangler driver you wave to them). Lately though I've noticed something pleasantly surprising.

People in other nice wrx's or legacies would wave. I'd wave back too, but now it's been happening a lot lately and I really want this to catch on.

Is their a subarea wave now? If you have a wrx and you see another wrx...why not wave? Let's make this catch on...

You gotta be kidding,the wave has been around fr years. Do a search here or any other Subaru site.:rolleyes:

jagcars26,

I know it has been around but the ONLY time it has happened is in the last few weeks. I always notice other subie drivers (just to see who else drives the brand) and on a 3hr road-trip I had 4 wavers...I couldn't believe how awesome and unexpected that was. It's like a switch got turned on...

Sorry, but I don't understand the desire to wave at a total stranger because we own the same type of car. I don't wave at people on the sidewalk because we both have the same shoes or at strangers in a restaurant because we both ordered iced tea.

What's next? Subaru funny hat days or we all drive in pajamas on May 3rd? I'll pass, as I'm not a 14 year old girl.

Sorry, but I don't understand the desire to wave at a total stranger because we own the same type of car. I don't wave at people on the sidewalk because we both have the same shoes or at strangers in a restaurant because we both ordered iced tea.

What's next? Subaru funny hat days or we all drive in pajamas on May 3rd? I'll pass, as I'm not a 14 year old girl.

You just don't get it do you. So I'll try to splain it to you.

The wave has been going on fr years and not just Subaru,,,MG,Triumph,Porshe,,etc etc and other unique brands have been doing it for decades.

Subaru used to be a unique/nich automaker especially when they brought out the RS in 1998.There weren't many around and we waved because you rarely saw another RS.Then the WRX and STi came along and every Tom,Dick, and Harry had to have one(me included).

It's an old school thing and obviously you're not.:spin:

You don't strike me as someone that attends meets. The fact that another person spent tens of thousands of dollars on an almost identical car to you isn't enough of a reason to acknowledge them? Just look at the motorcycle clubs and coffeeshop meets, that's the opitome of enthusiasm. It's called being "friendly" and "social".

I have noticed that the younger guys in WRX and STI's rarely give a crap. I wave to them all. I used to drive a STI and I didn't care what kind of Subaru they drove. If the person gets enough waves, they will begin to do it to. If you don't care about the car you drive, you shouldn't be on this site. SUBARU LOVE!

You don't strike me as someone that attends meets. The fact that another person spent tens of thousands of dollars on an almost identical car to you isn't enough of a reason to acknowledge them? Just look at the motorcycle clubs and coffeeshop meets, that's the opitome of enthusiasm. It's called being "friendly" and "social".

I've attended plenty of meets in my life. That's a different situation, as everyone at the meet (with the possible exception of a few girl/boyfriends) are enthusiasts that I know I actually do share something in common with and that chose to attend the meet and socialize. If/when I later see those people that I know I share something in common with, I will wave.

Passing some random Joe/Jane on the street who happens to be driving a Tribeca is nothing like a meet. Owning a Subaru doesn't make them an enthusiast, nor does it imply that we share some deep spiritual bond. It means nothing more than they own a Subaru. Waving at other Subaru owners is as significant as waving at anyone driving the same color of car as you do.

I'm fine with acknowledging other enthusiasts, no matter what car they drive.

Perhaps the difference is that Subaru's are too common in CO. Legacy/Outbacks outsell Camry's and Accords here. If I waved at every other Subaru driver I passed I would never have a hand free to shift.

I see about 20-30 different Subarus on my 38 mi drive to/from work. I need narrow it down

to LGTs or at least turbocharged Subies....I generally feel obliged to lift a hand to a hood scoop...

I've attended plenty of meets in my life. That's a different situation, as everyone at the meet (with the possible exception of a few girl/boyfriends) are enthusiasts that I know I actually do share something in common with and that chose to attend the meet and socialize. If/when I later see those people that I know I share something in common with, I will wave.

Passing some random Joe/Jane on the street who happens to be driving a Tribeca is nothing like a meet. Owning a Subaru doesn't make them an enthusiast, nor does it imply that we share some deep spiritual bond. It means nothing more than they own a Subaru. Waving at other Subaru owners is as significant as waving at anyone driving the same color of car as you do.

I'm fine with acknowledging other enthusiasts, no matter what car they drive.

Perhaps the difference is that Subaru's are too common in CO. Legacy/Outbacks outsell Camry's and Accords here. If I waved at every other Subaru driver I passed I would never have a hand free to shift.

I see no changes all I see is racist faces

misplaced hate makes disgrace to races

We under I wonder what it takes to make this

one better place, let's erase the wasted :eek:

I see about 20-30 different Subarus on my 38 mi drive to/from work. I need narrow it down

to LGTs or at least turbocharged Subies....I generally feel obliged to lift a hand to a hood scoop...

+1

Even though I usually get no love from WRX's or STi's, I still try to wave.

I had owned Subarus for years. The first wave I ever got was back in 2005 when my turbo first-gen blew apart the oil return line and shat 4 quarts of oil in the parking lot at a friends office. I borrowed his 05 LGT Unlimited wagon to run to get a case of oil so I could limp the car home. No sooner had I left the autozone parking lot, that I got waves from 3 or 4 different subaru owners. I'd owned Subarus for 3 or 4 years before that and had never gotten a wave.

I get the rare wave now, but not frequently.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Everytime I feel like being nice(rare) I wave at an outback. Aaaaaand of course, they are a 50-70 y/o male wearing a Life is Good hat. That was one wasted muscle(s) movement on my part.

This

However, when we drive the Mini, people always wave back. It is awesome :lol:

Kenpachi has it right though. Unfortunately there is nothing remarkable about Subarus except for maybe the STi. We all fly under the radar.

This

However, when we drive the Mini, people always wave back. It is awesome :lol:

my mother has a '10 clubman S and she waves at every mini. We've gone to events too, at the dealers. They host some mean parties that's for sure. :spin:

Archived