LegacyGT.com

Post your accident photos!

Dr., i believe they are both being replaced but are already ordered, i had no problems with the 2012's. it is a 2013 'premium - sport'. yes it has a V6 BUT the transmission is HHOORRIIBBLLEE. it wants to shift early and when it does there is a delayed "chug" type effect that is super annoying and negates any benefits the V6 would offer. it has leather mixed with Carhart fabric (about 50/50) which is just stupid and weird. and the "premium audio" is one of the worst sounding system i have ever heard. the bass is muddy adthe highs sound like a low bit MP3 even if i am listening to a cd. MUCH more to complain about but i have to go to work.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

was the Mazda totaled and you got paid the value to go towards a new vehicle? if so i am SO jealous. if mine were to get totaled i would get a '10-'12 3.6R Legacy or a 6th generation Legacy. i have looked at and researched so many other vehicles of years and styles and i keep coming back to the legacy. if i do get in another accident i hope its bigger and totaled.... i dont like the thought of my beloved legacy to have 2 or 3 accidents under his belt.

some other things i hate about the Chrysler 200: less rear visibility, thick pillars and blind spots in every direction, noisy brakes in the morning, the seat has less adjust-ability and keeps me too high, less leg room, even wearing sneakers (let alone my dress shoes) they rub/gets stuck between the petals, there is a hump in the floor that the front seats normally would bolt down to but jets out several inches too far right where your feet may want to rest, getting in and out is more difficult, even something as small as the wipers/lights feel cheap and the part that has the writing on it moves so if you keep it on "auto" all the writing is towards the windshield away from your vision, the seat belt (latch) is angled and annoying, the lighting, the gas lid does not lock, traction control goes off all the time and still does not handle well, the gauges seem bland out-dated and cheap....... the damn thing just reminds me why i always buy foreign. i think even my '90 camry was better than this.

was the Mazda totaled and you got paid the value to go towards a new vehicle? if so i am SO jealous. if mine were to get totaled i would get a '10-'12 3.6R Legacy or a 6th generation Legacy. i have looked at and researched so many other vehicles of years and styles and i keep coming back to the legacy. if i do get in another accident i hope its bigger and totaled.... i dont like the thought of my beloved legacy to have 2 or 3 accidents under his belt.

Yeah, the frame rails were bent about 16" and with everything else that needed to be replaced and/or simply removed to correct the frame damage, they just totaled it out. Took the money and went Panda hunting!

My previous ride. It was a 2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. I hit a deer on the way to work. The winch stopped any more damage. It's hard to believe, but it was a $7,000 repair job. The body shop had it for about a month. I had just installed a brand new radiator in it 2 weeks prior. It received 2 new radiators that year.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v281/moab123/Jeeps/2005%20Unlimited/D1A88B86-5765-42B0-9FE2-91AD12BA0736_zpsb6ohtpls.jpg

2014 Subaru Legacy 2.5I With Convenience Package:

Had the car 2 weeks. Walked into a joint to get some Chinese take out, came outside after waiting for 10 minutes and saw this...

Killed me. I was so pissed off....I drove around like a madman for about 30 minutes trying to find a car that looked like a guilty suspect...

Because it's a company car, I pay nothing to get repaired however; still isn't right. Hope Karma catches up with the person (s) that did this.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k42/Jhendrix70_/photo21.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k42/Jhendrix70_/photo11.jpg

Edited by WinnipegJets
Added Car Details,

some other things i hate about the Chrysler 200: less rear visibility, thick pillars and blind spots in every direction, noisy brakes in the morning, the seat has less adjust-ability and keeps me too high, less leg room, even wearing sneakers (let alone my dress shoes) they rub/gets stuck between the petals, there is a hump in the floor that the front seats normally would bolt down to but jets out several inches too far right where your feet may want to rest, getting in and out is more difficult, even something as small as the wipers/lights feel cheap and the part that has the writing on it moves so if you keep it on "auto" all the writing is towards the windshield away from your vision, the seat belt (latch) is angled and annoying, the lighting, the gas lid does not lock, traction control goes off all the time and still does not handle well, the gauges seem bland out-dated and cheap....... the damn thing just reminds me why i always buy foreign. i think even my '90 camry was better than this.

So ironically I am finding myself in your shoes. Had a small dinger on my front fender, 2 day job with Subaru. Go to rental place and what do they give me??? A Chrysler 200. The transmission is so jumpy especially between 1-3. Ugh, I'm sorry you are stuck with it... I hate it after only driving it for a day. It doesn't even display media correctly and takes half a song to put up the correct song title/graphic.

thanks 'SKY'..... that makes me feel better except that you have to go through it too. on the bright side YOU WILL appreciate your Subaru all the more when you get it back. i did get good news today as they got the frame rails (about 3 weeks early) in today so they can actually START to work on it now even though i got in the wreck Dec. 15th.. i am just worried about the paint.

a speedy recovery for your Subaru.....

I see a reoccurring variable in most of these accidents.. OLD PEOPLE ;)

I was T-Boned by a 65+ woman on meds in a z-71 Tahoe (with caddle guard) once. it was 100% her fault (weird accident and to complicated to portray in a simple sentence). Long story short, she literally told the officers "I didnt even look, just Gunned it" I was in a Mazda Protege.. and now I GTFO of the way when I see "Old Folk" behind the wheel.

sorry I dont have pics, but I think yall can use your imagination.

• 1 month later...
well, add me to the hit and run victims. Parked at the airport and someone smashed into the back of my car and pushed it into a concrete pillar while I was out of town. Of course no notes, and the parking garage apparently doesn't have cameras there (only entrance and exit). Police officer said it happens a lot - they get tons of drunk drivers in the garage coming in off the plane. No note, nothing. People suck.

• 1 month later...

there is no story behind mine, but i bought it in this condition from a friend. it was a good deal only 30k miles and runs perfectly :)

The motor mounts were all broken, the bracket for the mount. it took a hard hit..

IMG_4622.thumb.jpg.df6d32f584debf589d43027ad0d09794.jpg

IMG_4758.thumb.jpg.3a19510e236b37716ea4acab76b77712.jpg

IMG_4837.thumb.jpg.a545e13cde63eba7a88056a810fb9c7e.jpg

IMG_4838.thumb.jpg.e38051f89edad4300a8109106c084bd0.jpg

IMG_4870.thumb.jpg.baf9ed36e91cf4ce5ba336477983c180.jpg

IMG_4846.thumb.JPG.600b00b8438d0fb42831d3acb2c55ec5.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
I shouldn't have to post in this thread twice - just got sideswiped in my car - damage isn't too bad (front fender, sideskirt, and rear fender over the wheel), but the person who hit me took off. We got the plate and everything, but it flipping sucks - guess I'll be out my uninsured motorist deductible again. Big old conversion van - I pulled over afterwards, but they punched it and took off. Sucks.

I shouldn't have to post in this thread twice - just got sideswiped in my car - damage isn't too bad (front fender, sideskirt, and rear fender over the wheel), but the person who hit me took off. We got the plate and everything, but it flipping sucks - guess I'll be out my uninsured motorist deductible again. Big old conversion van - I pulled over afterwards, but they punched it and took off. Sucks.

That sucks.... :spin:

That sucks.... :spin:

It sure does! Insurance company ran the plates - turns out the van that hit me was last insured by them, but that expired last year - they ran the VIN and it's uninsured in the state of NM at present. So I guess that's at least one reason they ran, though I imagine getting pulled for hit and run would be worse than uninsured motorist. No idea if the police track them down or not (they said they have a hit and run unit) - I imagine they just enter it into the system so that if you get pulled over for something else, that comes up in the system... either way, unless the insurance company gets them to cough up the total cost of the repair, I am still out my uninsured motorist deductible again.:mad:

Thought I'd share mine even though it wasn't too bad, I've had two legacy's, a 2013 limited and a 201lgt. Last July I got rear ended by a van who got rear ended by an 18 wheeler, it looks little but everything got shifted around and the trunk froze shut.

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/09/24a0afa60204a3d109dd2011507abbd3.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/09/db05e436503b561bc61cd60c4fec5f72.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/09/ca0aedb8ced668728c0f6bb476bfa3eb.jpg

A couple months later I traded that in for the GT, low and behold just a few months in and an old guy sideswiped my car in a parking lot

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/06/09/732b26b48f42a16016ac22db33100df3.jpg

Hoping this next year goes better.

• 4 weeks later...

About 4 months after I got it my girlfriend and I were headed to her birthday party at a friends house. No sooner had we parked when...wham - some kid (pretty sure he was drunk) slammed into us. needless to say it ruined her birthday and I was in a shitty loaner for a month. Then later that summer someone decided to back in to me, back in a crap loaner. Worst luck.

http://legacygt.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=2183&pictureid=10531

Am I the only one that cringes everytime this thread gets bumped?!

The first time I opened up this thread and thought, "ah, this will be the one thread I can't participate..."

then got rear ended 2 days later and thought "FML, jinxed myself :soap_box:"

â—‹ â—‹ â—‹

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: â—‹ â—‹ â—‹

did they total it because of the airbags? if so i would get an H6. i was shopping for an H6 when i got in my accident, now i will keep my H4 until mine gets totaled (because of the depreciation). the noise keeps me from loving the H4.

• 1 year later...