LegacyGT.com

mmmm cookies..

P2x

There isn't a server setting for keeping track of cookies, its all on your local machine. When you check the box, the next page will set a cookie called 'legacy' for the site you came in on. If you like, turn on authorize all cookies and check to see that it gets set. It will also have an expire time and other information. Depending on how your browser is configured, it may not be accepting cookies, or maybe not accepting cookies without a privacy policy. Feel free to also try other browsers.

I hope you compiled that reply on a linux box. Personally, I don't judge software by who makes it, just by what sort of job it does (just like my cars), and IE is perfectly adequate (for the most part).

[quote name='P2x']I hope you compiled that reply on a linux box.[/quote] Nah, I prefer Solaris even if that message was done in HP-UX. And I judge software based on how well it works (or doesn't). I still have microsoft stuff at home for gaming and some word processing (everyone sends atachments in .doc or .xls).

I have the no-remember-who-I-am problem on one of my work computers. Every other computer I use is fine and all are using IE. The cookie is corrupt or something. I believe the solution is to find the legacysti.com cookie that exists on your computer and delete it. At least that's how I think I fixed it when this happened to me on Nasioc. I haven't got around to fixing the work computer yet so I'm not 100% positive that this is the solution.

[quote name='ha-evolution']I believe the solution is to find the legacysti.com cookie that exists on your computer and delete it. At least that's how I think I fixed it when this happened to me on Nasioc. I haven't got around to fixing the work computer yet so I'm not 100% positive that this is the solution.[/quote] Sweet!.. that worked. Thanks.

[quote name='P2x']Oh yes, that's true.. :) Although I hear in a year or two linux desktop users will be surpassing Mac users..[/quote] Actually 25% of the posts here are by Macs, of course most of those are SUBE555. :lol:

Archived