LegacyGT.com

Enough is enough....

Since I bought the car I've had nothing but problems...I had posted in the past to see what everyone else has been dealing with...and well...at 17,000 miles...I've finally Had ENOUGH...I've had this thing in the shop more than 10xs for the same problem...I have a really bad sulfer smell...which is really embarassing to others who havent drivin my car prior to know...I'm also dealing with really strong anti-freeze smell that comes from under the hood...its most noticable if I sit idle with the windows open...but its clear there's a smell when the car is off after running it for a while...you have to walk through that sweet smelling cloud to exit the car...its a health issue...I've had a wheel bearing replaced at 14,000 ....now I've been noticing a lag in my turbo....going up a hill it slams down a gear..and it stutters the entire way up...the previous week I went to get my oil changed...well...they ended up with the car back and a LOT more problems...they broke the oil plug...which leaked oil all over my brand new driveway...I'm losing power stearing fluid...they told me its no big deal...if I'm losing 3 oz in a 8oz reserve???....THERE'S A PROBLEM...so yeah...I wish I could say I love my car...but its just an issue of my car not loving me...I hate to say it...but I wish I would've kept my mitsubishi lancer....how sad Is that?....

as for fixing...they told me the sulfer smell was the brand of gas I use....*NOT*...I work for a gas company...certianly not an issue...and a lil note for all those who go to ONE brand....*I didnt tell you* ....but your local CITGO station...doesn't always get CITGO gas...and that goes for all other brands...so take the "its the brand you use" and bury it...cuz thats not the problem....

the antifreeze...SOA had recognized it was a leak in the tubes...but said they didn't know how to fix it...

Could someone help me out here?....I'm seriously at my whits ends with this car........It would cost me to much to trade out....and I dont feel as if I should...and the lemon law I"d have to pay $3k to get out....WTF....what about helping out the consumer????

^ Edit - brother Tigga pwned me yet again on typing speed..... :lol:

------

Ugh..... :( I truly am sorry to hear of all your troubles....that's just heartbreaking.

My first instinct and my strongest recommendation would be to switch to a different dealership. It seems that this one is not only reluctant to acknowledge problems (persistent foul odor in-vehicle), but is also rather inept/incompetent (oil plug issue).

:(

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I dont knwo the local laws in your state but i think its too late for doing the Lemon law. Here in VA i think its a year or 12,000 miles. You can still however get them for the federal warrenty law. If i were you i would get a lawyer. I have personally used these guys before and its worth getting a free consoult to see what they can do for you. Lemon Laws - How To Get Rid of Your Lemon Car! - Kahn & Associates, L.L.C. . You shouldent have to pay or take a loss at all. Call a lawyer and talk to someone. I am sure it will help a ton.

:dm: 2007 DGM LGT :dm:

:icon_twis 2003 Suzuki SV650S :icon_twis

If you work for a gas company, then the answer is carma. :) j/k

If it's the same dealership you bought it from, tell them they need to do a thourough inspection from nose to tip and be sure to mention the lemon laws in your state. That should get them motivated.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

I hate to hear about bs issues with the LGT and dealerships. I have had my share as well believe me (replaced clutch, rotors, FULL engine rebuild & replacement, all under 30k kms....)

I can say for sure that you likely have a defective pressure plate which is causing the slip/stink from the clutch, there have been many cases of that problem online.

The stutter is also a common problem a weird hesitation and spooling feeling usually around 2-3k rpms, I havent seen any real fixes for this but I dont notice mine much anymore (maybe I just drive differently now).

Best of luck with getting stuff taken care of, I found I had to mention any problem to my dealer about 4-5 times before anything was really done about it, dont forget they make all their money from "servicing" the cars so the more times they get you in the more $$ they can charge back to subaru..

Take it to another dealer. Unless you live in a two horse town and have to drive to another State / Province to find another dealer.... but we don't know as you have no member info filled out.:icon_wink

:iam:

(first and last time I'll use Mr. Ghost in a post)

the next dealerships in another state about 45mins away...I will try them after I talk to my dealership monday...they are pushing for me to get a new car...someone had mentioned that the antifreeze smell its due to a bad head gasket...so I dont know what to do anymore....they want me to pay $250 to inspect the car for the 15,000 mile check up...I shoudn't have to pay that...let alone can I afford that...its been in enough that everything should be inspected..but I will be gettin a new dealership...I just need help with this current problem...augh!!

I would definatly suggest another dealership. Have you been dealing with just one advisor regarding these issues youve been having? Tried talking to the director? Arbitration?

Ive seen this "sulfer" smell problem few times at the dealership I work at(not subie), and the first thing that they do is usually change out the catalytic converters.(TSB) However, there have been a few comeback customers who state the "sulfer" smell is still present. Well, thats when we just tell them there is nothing more that we can do and to contact the #800. Few people have actually had the dealership buy the car back from them. <--arbitration. Oh, and my shop foreman states the sulfer smell is due to the gas as well.

Hey man I know how you feel. I have had new head gaskets because of the antifreeze smell at 5800 miles. They rebuilt the engine and shaved the heads. I was also told that part of the head bolts were overtightened and the others were loose. I have had a wheel bearing replaced at 18,000 miles. The radio has been replaced 3 times and still acts up. I have a stutter the dealer cant duplicate and the transmission surges when you put it in park or sometimes when you put it in reverse. I bet I have had mine at the dealership 20 times or more. Now the clearcoat is coming off of the wheels and they want to replace center caps. I am using another dealership now. But it hasnt started out very well. This will be last Subie ever own. I would trade it but after raising hell with SOA after the headgaskets they gave me a 7 year 100000 mile bumper to bumper warranty and i got 2.9% financing when I bought it. I wish something would happen to the car with no one getting hurt because I want rid of it. Just raise hell with the dealership until you are satisfied and dont bother calling SOA because they do not care. I have called multiple times to no avail.

I actually dont go to a CT dealership....its in mass...the next closest for me is in R.I....so they told me today that they can't get me into a new car...because I have the 05 GT they only make limited now....and its about $4,000 more than what I have...plus i Have to pay for the mileage used....so its not worth trading it....I have to bring it back in 2days for the service manager to check out again...and see if he can "DUPLICATE" the problems...ya know...I will NEVER EVER EVER own another subaru again...EVER...there are plenty of cars out there ...hell I wish I would've bough the dodge magnum like I wanted too...Hah hows that screwbaroo...I'd rather own a dodge....its sad because its a nice looking car...and I need to figure out a way to get rid of the rail dust...and not have to pay much $$...I personally can't wax my car (due to an accident I can't do a lot of stuff)...so having to put stuff in other peoples control sucks....it just sucks for everyone to have to deal with problems with cars....some people have luck with cars...and others dont....its how it goes....

Archived