LegacyGT.com

Advice: 235/40/18

el3ment

im gonna go with 18x8 Tarmac III and was looking at the kumho ecsta spt tires in 235/40/18....

Anyone ran these tires or have problems with size???

i am on Progess springs -1.2" front and -1.0" back....

should i go 225 to be safe??

thanks in advance

I have the same combo. No problems here.

Well, I'd say that answer is about as difinitive as it gets. I had 235/40/18 kuhmo's on my 18x8 prodrives with Ion springs and it rubbed in the rear pretty easily so I went with 225's. Offset and rear springs are both likely different than yours so BigJack's annecdotal evidence is much stronger than mine.

ignore him, he'll go away.

read up about them on tirerack? Good tires for the price

also they weigh pretty light for 225s, but they weigh alot more in 235s :iam:

yea read up on them last nite when the server died... yea the wieght difference doesnt make sense... but wateva....

thats a good, and for that price i can always deal with it if i dont like....:spin:

I actually have nankang ns2's on it...i think i paid about $425 mounted and balanced..i have to say for cheapos im pretty impressed...i even got stuck in a snow storm with them and they did well....im only gonna run them in the summer so i figured why spend a ton of money.....i can't wait to get rid of the car anyway so i will probably have no use for them after next summer anyway

I actually have nankang ns2's on it...i think i paid about $425 mounted and balanced..i have to say for cheapos im pretty impressed...i even got stuck in a snow storm with them and they did well....im only gonna run them in the summer so i figured why spend a ton of money.....i can't wait to get rid of the car anyway so i will probably have no use for them after next summer anyway

ah right on.. thanks for info....

sorry to hear you cant wait to get rid of.... why is that??

I wish i bought a mazda. This car has been bad luck and i have a few issues althought kinda small that i im not real happy about.

ah, no good... well good luck with whatever your decision is...

08 spec b.... *cough...*

Its a shame...my first suby experience is leaving me with the blahs...4k on the car...i have rattles, crappy paint...radio that goes dead...i hear a whining noise when i drive now that worries me. I also have a mazda 11k and no problems whatsoever...i love it. Makes me wish i had bought another.

Its a shame...my first suby experience is leaving me with the blahs...4k on the car...i have rattles, crappy paint...radio that goes dead...i hear a whining noise when i drive now that worries me. I also have a mazda 11k and no problems whatsoever...i love it. Makes me wish i had bought another.

Pa have a lemon law...?? have you taken it in with your issues?

None of these issues are so bad that i would do that...im just disappointed. I had high hopes for the car...it sits in my driveway most of the time.. I bought it in nov and it only has 4k on it. Im moving right now and after i move i will probably trade it in.

Archived