LegacyGT.com

WTF???? service engine light back on

JUst serviced yesterday. light came back on today on my ride home. called service guy. didn't sound surprised. he said: "I cleaned the throttle body. there still may be stuff working its way out. So not surprised you got the light again. give it 5-7 days to turn off. if it doesn't, bring it back in. there maybe a problem with the 4th cylinder. there has been a couple occasions where we've had to adjust that cylinder."

what the hell? I've never in my years of owning cars heard that before.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

The check engine light comes on for many many reasons. If you fill up with gas and don't get the gas cap back on tightly it will come on. that's one of the most common issues. Also, if the computer detects an abnormal condition with its many parameters, it will come on. The computer also has a trip count memory which remembers how many times the car has been turned on, driven some, and turned off. If the fault is not repeatedly occurring during that time it will reset the check engine light itself. Hope this helps......

misfire in cylinder 4. I'd suggest taking it to another dealer. They don't sound too worried about it, which is a shame. I have the # for the regional SOA guy, if that helps.

maybe would. I could take it to the dealer in frederick. ain't paying for squat though.....$566 for the 30k is enough for me.

bad timing though. probably won't be able to get it in anywhere until monday.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Have them use the Octane test strip...

Some other guy on here had his dealer use one and found out he was using 85 Octane:icon_eek: He had the same CEL...

yeah, that was me!! doesn't sound like this'll hurt the car, more of a pain in the ass thing to deal with. Car runs smooth as a babies butte.

PGT, I'll take that number. If I'm not happy with what's going on I'll call the guy.

thanks in advance

:munch:

Archived