LegacyGT.com

Stock GT looks lowered

MtnSub

I have had two strangers, including guys at tire shop ask if I had my LegGT wagon lowered. Car does look very low, but it has better clearance than my wifes past Audi A6 Quatro. I have taken some nasty driveways head on going in/out and taken some dips with scrape marks on far side and this car does not scrape. Car looks low, but suspension and clearance make this car great for daily hazzards. Have NOT noticed the "floaty" feel that some have talked about yet, but I am in break-in jail and have not had much high speed highway time yet. Suspension feels better than my BMW3 did stock, more connected to road. Suspension is more firm than I remembered from test drive and I am pleased, still not too harsh at all IMO. I do notice body lean in corners and curves. I know it is just a feel thing, but I would like less body lean. I thought PINKS were the way, but now I am not sure is sway bar or PINKS? Not sure this car needs anything, but PINK reports still sound like they may provide the best overall upgrade for slight improvement. This car is so well dialed in, I don't want to screw up balance/integration, but I would like less body roll feel. After two days of ownership, this car exceeds my expectations in every way. Most of little quirks I find are good things that show someone was really thinking. I apprecieate interior/exterior design more every day.

At normal commuter / breakin speeds, being at or near the legal limit on the highway, it won't get "floaty". Now, at higher speeds if you drive over swells in the road you will feel the compression and subsequent rebound (a couple of front end bobs and then it settles). My pinks arrived yesterday so I am going to try to get them on soon. If I can get some nice weather I will swap winter for summer tires, give 'em a go and see what the deal is. Tom

Archived