LegacyGT.com

SpecB 6MT clutch limit

berkshire40

I am looking for opinions regarding the amount of torque the OEM Spec.B clutch can handle. For my 16G setup if I did fuel mods I don't think the output would exceed around 350ft/lbs to the wheels?

It's difficult to predict but I'm just trying to gauge about how long it will last with this future setup:

-BNR EVO16G

-IPR TMIC Coated

-DW850cc + pump

-CNT Catted DP 3" flange

-Stromung exhaust 3" flange

-Stock air box with AVO filter

Car has under 15k miles. I emailed my tuner (Infamous1) but it would be great to get feedback from other SpecB owners as well. TIA

I have to replace my clutch...I noticed it started slipping under hard acceleration(not launches) from a dig about a year ago, but other than that it worked fine. I just recently went stage 2 and after a week or so it started slipping under wot around 2800rpm, tach would jump up to 4k.

I have about 37k miles on the car, instead of going with another oem I got one from sprank. I still have the stock turbo, so with your setup I would think it will start slipping soon.

From what I researched, our clutch isn't much stronger than a 5mt clutch, though we do benefit from the single mass flywheel. Based on that, I figured 300/315 is as much as the stock clutch can take before slipping. You'll probly be ok for now, but will accelerate the wear on the stock clutch.

I replaced my clutch before going stage 3, since I wanted to make sure there's no slipping during the tune. I've seen a few threads where some folks went stage 3 but were complaining about only being 270whp or 290whp. Then when someone asked what clutch they were running, there came the face palm moment.

Archived