LegacyGT.com

Used or New 2.5i SE

tceagle

Hi, I just graduated college and will be getting a new car. I've had my eyes on the Legacy for some time. I'm looking at the '09 2.5i SE. I've seen a few dealers with used ones with under 10k miles for a few grand under the price of a new one, is it worth it? Also, does anyone know what the actual invoice on an '09 2.5 SE auto is? The dealer is saying its around $22k but other sites like edmunds say closer to $20k. I think my dad can get VIP pricing through his work which is invoice less incentives ($1500 cash back right now). Any thoughts/suggestions would be helpful. Thanks!

hey man....its all up to you....if you want to modify it theres a limit on the parts for a 2.5i....and where are you located?

at the rockland county, NY subaru dealer they have a 2008 DGM Legacy GT turbo spoiler leather sunroof and all for $20,886

$1k less for used one? Of course new.

The best frugal choice is something like 06 2.5i... will be damn cheap, and the non-turbos are very reliable.

LGT is fun, but will ruin you if you get a mod bug....

$1k less for used one? Of course new.

The best frugal choice is something like 06 2.5i... will be damn cheap, and the non-turbos are very reliable.

LGT is fun, but will ruin you if you get a mod bug....

yeah i agree, you get all the warranty and eveyrhting with the brand new. but if you can score one for really cheap, then you might as well. i think a 06 2.5i would prob go for like 13k nowadays.

I got my '08 in early '08 for $18,3xx-18,7xx. I cannot recall. 2.5i SE manual. Add on for the auto and go from there.

If I had it to do again, I might have grabbed a GT that was 1-2 years old, but the reliability and MPG are hard to beat.

I just picked up an '09 2.5 SE DGM 5MT for 19,341 plus TTL (~$21k OTD). If the price difference between new and used is a G i'd get the new one. At least you know you're not buying someone elses problems.

Best car on the market for money too. I did a lot of research and test drove a lot of cars before I made the decision to go with the legacy. I've only had it a couple of weeks but I don't think I'll be dissapointed.

Robert

A used 08 or 09 should be in the 16-17k range since that what their supposed market value is as of now. I wouldn't waste the time to get a new 09 when the 08 to 09 change where marginal if at all. If you buy used your not taking that hard hit on depreciation that the original owner did and its still has a warentee for 3/36 and is elegable for the extended subaru warentee still.

A used subaru is always a good buy. The 2.5i is dependable and will last a billion years, and has a bit of mod potential just not as much power capabilty as the turbo or the 3.0R has.

Id go used, its cheaper and the car is no worse being used. Especially ones with 10k miles on them, right now you will find alot of low millage newer cars around sence the economy is so bad people are having more reposessions and more turn ins on cars for cheaper ones.

Archived