LegacyGT.com

Cobb Accessport V3.0

CapnJack

Boston Motorsports puts this on Cobb that I have to deal with them. I'm emailing Cobb and calling them out on their 30 Satisfaction Guarantee. If the expect me to effectively pay $790 for a V3 when I could have gotten one for $650 they might get a small claims or a charge back from American Express :mad: I am thoroughly upset right now!

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

I messaged Boston Motorsports about returning my recently purchased V2... had i known i would have probably just ponied up the extra $200 and ordered the V3 :mad:

Did you see the trade-in option for $325?

What what I was able to tell, no extra functionality. But it has a larger color screen that can display multiple items at once. Also, it comes with cool mounting pieces.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The gauge features, full readouts, larger full color screen, on/off switch, Faster installs, room for more data logging, are a big bonus. Hoping the increased speed helps with the data-log cutout at high rpm. Maps don't matter because they are stepping stones to custom tunes which these cars should be running. I'm trading my V2 and getting the $325 off. :)

Did you see the trade-in option for $325?

The problem is I bought the Version 2 brand new on 7/15/2013 for $465...why would I want to flush $145 down the toilet by trading in my brand new Version 2?

2003 Baja 5MT

If you just bought a v2 at $465 (I did too), then you bought it because it was on sale for $130 off. Apparently, an AP is worth about $465 to you. It's ridiculous to say that now that the v3 is out you're suddenly willing to drop $650. If this was true, you would have bought a v2 a long time ago at $595+ and wouldn't have buyer's remorse right now. I'm not hating on anyone, I'm just saying there's no reason to be mad. The v2 on sale was still a good deal even though something a little more shiny is out now.

$400.00 used is the low number on the boards

everybody firesale now!

wonder if they take the trade-ins still married?

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

wonder if they take the trade-ins still married?

Answer...NO.

Trade-in instructions:

1. Purchase a new upgrade eligible V3 Accessport for your application here: click here for products.
  2. Once your new product arrives, follow the included instructions to Uninstall (un-marry) your current Accessport from your vehicle.
  3. Please make sure to back up all of your maps with Accessport Manager.
  4. Pack all V2 components in your V3 box or similar sized package.
  5. Use the return shipping label included with your V3 to send the V2 back to us.

If you just bought a v2 at $465 (I did too), then you bought it because it was on sale for $130 off. Apparently, an AP is worth about $465 to you. It's ridiculous to say that now that the v3 is out you're suddenly willing to drop $650. If this was true, you would have bought a v2 a long time ago at $595+ and wouldn't have buyer's remorse right now. I'm not hating on anyone, I'm just saying there's no reason to be mad. The v2 on sale was still a good deal even though something a little more shiny is out now.

Actually not correct for me at all. I have been considering one for some time now since most of the local tuners prefer it because of the real time tuning. The sale came along at the same time I was ready to spend that kind of money. If the V3 had been out on 7/15 I probably would have bought it.

2003 Baja 5MT

I think I might jump on board. I've had my AP since 2008. I don't know how long they last so it might be a good insurance policy since it's been riding around in my glove box for 5 years. I've also noticed my V2 is really starting to slow down. The screens are a PITA to navigate though and don't really tell you much. I wish it had a wideband hook up, but I guess we can't have it all. I also like the blue cover.

Actually not correct for me at all. I have been considering one for some time now since most of the local tuners prefer it because of the real time tuning. The sale came along at the same time I was ready to spend that kind of money. If the V3 had been out on 7/15 I probably would have bought it.

Well that sucks. Maybe Cobb will work with you on this. Good luck

I think Cobb has a 30 day money back guarantee. Maybe you could return the V2 then buy the V3. Worth looking in to....

• 2 weeks later...

Archived