LegacyGT.com

Lights

I am new to the hole Subaru scene and was hoping I can get some help.

I just recently purchased a 2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i Limited. My question is how can i turn my lights all the way off? I use the light switch and my lights just get a smidge dimmer when in the off position. I'm aware of the parking light on top of the steering colum.

Thanks!

• Moderators

Are you talking about your daytime running lights? If so, you want to look at this:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/drl-disable-10-minutes-2117.html

Just unplug that white plug above your pedals and bam, no more DRLs.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

FYI while BarManBean's suggestion will technically work in disabling the DRLs on the car unplugging the entire white harness plug will also disable foglight functionality and highbeam indicator on your dash. It would be best to remove the wire specific to the DRLs within the white harness and then plug it back in. That way all over accessories work correctly, just the DRLs will be disabled. Should only take a few seconds more while you're down there.

FYI while BarManBean's suggestion will technically work in disabling the DRLs on the car unplugging the entire white harness plug will also disable foglight functionality and highbeam indicator on your dash. It would be best to remove the wire specific to the DRLs within the white harness and then plug it back in. That way all over accessories work correctly, just the DRLs will be disabled. Should only take a few seconds more while you're down there.

is this only on the 2.5i? my LGT is perfectly fine after just unplugging this

StageIII Cryotune-Kinugawa STS TD06H-20GTX 9 blade turbine, ID1000, DW65c, 73mm MegaMAF , GS EWG up-pipe, Downpipe and EBCS, FMS FMIC, TGV Delete, Brembo swap

Only on certain years. 05/06 you will be fine unplugging the entire plug. Ask me how I know.

Archived