LegacyGT.com

Powersteering cooler

Has anyone else (besides me) noticed that their was/is a heat sink on the '05 LGT but not on any other model?

Does anyone know why they stopped making it? I know for a fact that the fluid gets the rubber hose hot.

I attached a picture of the heat sink FYI.

Oil_Cooler.jpg.ffbc45808de271408ff668665034c013.jpg

**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

Well on my '06 its not there and the rubber line (hose) that is there gets very hot.

(I have only found this heat sink on '05s only.)

**There are two types of people in the world, those who build horsepower and those who buy it. Which one are you?

• 4 weeks later...
I found that the "oil Cooler" was dropped to save costs... but I found one in the junkyard and put it on. (Its the bottom one.)

PS_Oil_Cooler.thumb.jpg.de2452a82288531735cfc63cf375746c.jpg

There is another post here on LGT, but its an older one with many replys that had it get off track. Heres a pic of the inline location.

PS_OIL_COOLER.jpg.71dde26ac2d5b32b9fe1d85967782e8f.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Mega Users
Yes the Post is little old . But I got a Q?.. Would that PS Cooler be efficient in cooling the PS oil with Whiteline Top Hat - KCA409. Would it even benefit me to even get it if I don't track my car.

What in gods name are you talking about?

When you run the Whiteline Top Hat - KCA409 it heats up Power Steering oil. So I asked if that Oil cooler would be sufficient to cool the oil . Yes my Grammar sucks.

I found that the "oil Cooler" was dropped to save costs... but I found one in the junkyard and put it on. (Its the bottom one.)

http://legacygt.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=163850&stc=1&thumb=1&d=1380058951

Archived