LegacyGT.com

TPMS and 2005 5 spokes?

jamiesong

I (stupidly?) pulled the trigger on a set of 05 gt 17" 5 spokes. I didn't realize when purchasing that the 05 year model didn't have TPMS. My 08 does. Can I buy a set of sensors/etc (still part # 28103AG00A?) and retrofit them to the 05 rims? I know they're still using the 5 spoke, but I don't know if they've changed part #'s to indicate a change might be needed to make it work.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

I (stupidly?) pulled the trigger on a set of 05 gt 17" 5 spokes. I didn't realize when purchasing that the 05 year model didn't have TPMS. My 08 does. Can I buy a set of sensors/etc (still part # 28103AG00A?) and retrofit them to the 05 rims? I know they're still using the 5 spoke, but I don't know if they've changed part #'s to indicate a change might be needed to make it work.

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?

Probably not - the wheels need to have enough space for the TPMS sensor to fit and older wheels don't seem to have the appropriate cutout from my limited experience.

Probably not - the wheels need to have enough space for the TPMS sensor to fit and older wheels don't seem to have the appropriate cutout from my limited experience.

Yeah, I'll have to dig in some part catalogs tomorrow I think.. maybe stop by the dealer and talk to them. I can live with the electrical tape mod... It won't kill me. :)

I can't seem to find a parts catalog that can tell me...

Is ALY68738U20 used on the 2007+ LGT?

I may be driving with a dummy light...but if it is what I ahve to do, then so be it... Just wish I knew if I could avoid that and stick a set of TPMS sensors in the suckers.

You can do just what you want, I've already done it.

My wife liked the looks of the 5 spoke better than the 07+ six spoke. We found a friend in town with and '06 LGT and the opposite in taste, so we traded. The sensors fit in the 06 LGT 5 spoke wheels just fine. They've been in for for a few thousand miles with no issues.

The sensors don't need any kind of cutout, there is no "special spot" for the sensors in the 6 spokes.

Archived