LegacyGT.com

How much you pay for your 60k service?

How much have you guys paid for your 60k service? My Subbie has about 69000 miles on it and I bought it from a lady when it had 65000 on it. I don't think she had done the 60k service on it. So like I said, what is a reasonable cost for that service?

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you have it done at the dealership doing everything that Subaru specifies in the manual, it'll probably be somewhere around $500-600.

This might be reasonable for some people but going to an independent mechanic could bring that cost down while still doing the same required maintenance. I guess it also depends on what specifically your car needs.

yeah a service guy from one of the local subaru dealerships around here told me he could get a free loaner for me while the car is being serviced. it is convenient, so my wife doesn't have to come along and drive me to/from work and to/from dealership. however, "free" isn't always nice. they'll probably give you a loaner outback or worse....not even a subaru! :spin:

If you have it done at the dealership doing everything that Subaru specifies in the manual, it'll probably be somewhere around $500-600.

This might be reasonable for some people but going to an independent mechanic could bring that cost down while still doing the same required maintenance. I guess it also depends on what specifically your car needs.

Haha, I wish! :lol:

I was quoted over $900 from a dealer for the 60k

I went independent (PIA) and IIRC it was around $500. Can't remember exactly because I also had them install the uppipe, clutch, and flywheel at the same time (estimate from dealer for the same thing was well over $1500)

At 60K on the 05 Legacy GT they change spark plugs which isn't done at 30K, so it costs more than the 30K service. LIC Motorsports (independent Subaru shop) charges $450 for the 60K. Dealers around here are much higher.

Here is the maintenance schedule for 2005 models. You have to be careful that the row you're reading applies to your model.

http://www.subaru.com/owners/schedules/schedules.jsp?schedulepage=2005myfed.html

jesus..

and just when I was about to pay it off too..

I'm not paying $900 for this.. what is entailed in it? I can rotate my own tires check my own brakes and change my own oil.. what else? inspect fluids.. check the timing belt.. change the plugs maybe? That part I've heard is no fun.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I would check the manual and shop around for the best price. Is there anything you feel you could do yourself to save you some money. Eveything is pretty easy to get to and DIY with simple hand tools. You might have some trouble with the spark plug(it took me about 5 mins with the right tools). I just had a shop change my anti-freeze because I had no way to safely get rid of it.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

I just did this last Thursday, a painful $820. However, I had 5x Subaru Bucks certificates which knocked it down to $320.

Mine was non-standard, because I do some work myself. Changes over the recommended 2006 schedule:

+ front brake pad replacement (Hawk HPS) & rotor resurface

+ belts, excluding timing belt

+ cabin air filter

- oil change

- tire rotate

I highly recommend the Subaru card. Saved me a crapload.

I dont need new pads at my 60k because my brakes are nowhere near that old.

They were replaced about 4-5 times before 20k miles.

I'm not payin these prices.. if someone can post a detail of what the 60k service entails, point me to the thread, or just yell RTFM, I'd be much appreciative.

the rtfm.. I'd be only slightly appreciative for however... as I am LAAAZZYYYY...

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

I dont need new pads at my 60k because my brakes are nowhere near that old.

They were replaced about 4-5 times before 20k miles.

I'm not payin these prices.. if someone can post a detail of what the 60k service entails, point me to the thread, or just yell RTFM, I'd be much appreciative.

the rtfm.. I'd be only slightly appreciative for however... as I am LAAAZZYYYY...

Pass that on to me too!

FWIW - given ours is non-turbo - 30000mi included plugs, engine & tranny oil, brake & coolant.

$583, - discount coupon, came to $499.

Interesting - they use Motorcraft synth blemnd in the crankcase.

This is at Annapolis Subaru.

06LOB2.5i MT, JDMRSB, GYTTs, HPS, LGT Mufflers & Leather Wheel, SubiMomo Knob, Inalfa Moonroof, Clutch Switch Bypass, DeDRLd, DeChimed, & Straight Headrest.

Some of those dealership prices are through the roof. Maybe I should raise our 60k a few hundred :lol:
[SIZE=1][URL="http://public.fotki.com/blackfang/"]Pics[/URL] [B]08 KawasakiZZR 600- exhaust and other mods 98 Camaro Z/28 HT- some mods......street/strip car 07 Legacy 2.5i- SPT exhaust...daily driver[/B][/SIZE]

Archived