LegacyGT.com

tranny swap? will it work and what do i need

Elliottlj

im buying a 93 legacy sport sedan 2.2 turbo with a 4eat...

and i have a 97' legacy 2.5gt 5spd..

i want the 5 spd in the 93 legacy

and i want to put the auto tranny in the 97 lgt..

will they swap correctly

and if so will i need to replace any parts or anything?

Swapping the manual into the old leggy is pretty easy... I did the same on my 1990. Going manual > auto will be much more difficult, as a lot of wiring and ECU replacements will be required. FWIW, the 1993 4eater isn't going to be compatible with a 1998 TCM, and you probably wont get the 1993 TCM to work in the 1998 leggy. Furthermore, an EJ25 4eat leggy is a gutless turd. Just buy a trans, pedal box, clutch parts, shifter and driveshaft.

I will add that this thread is one of those "it's that time of month again" thread when someone comes in and asks the same recurring question. In such threads I may start responding with suggestions to certain female hygiene products :D

Please let this be a lesson and just use the search function in the future.

I will add that this thread is one of those "it's that time of month again" thread when someone comes in and asks the same recurring question. In such threads I may start responding with suggestions to certain female hygiene products :D

Please let this be a lesson and just use the search function in the future.

:lol::lol::lol:

but I thought I'm the one who's supposed to do that???? :lol:

Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

I'm planning on buying a 1991 turbo legacy awd. But its an automatic. I would need to swap it out for a awd 5 speed tranny. What would I need to do this? Can I use a 90-94 legacy awd tranny or can I use a wider range? Is it easier than swapping an svx? What would be the parts list? Has anybody done it here before? Any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

Archived