LegacyGT.com

Act Clutch Group buy !!!

PLTek

hi Everyone.

I hope that this is not a bad time after Holidays and all but we would like to start one. People keep using about clutches and we understand that this kit (SB2-HD00) does fit the Legacy GT as confirmed by some. Se here it is:

Regular price: 419 shipped

5+people price: 409 shipped

10+people price: 399 shipped

Kit contains:

SB-011 - Heavy Duty Pressure Plate

SBSD016 - Street Disc

RB833 - Release Bearing

PB1004 - Pilot Bearing

AT87 - Alignment Tool

Torque Capacity: 304 ft/lbs.

OR we have choose a kit that is also a confirmed fit:

SB-011 - Heavy Duty Pressure Plate

6P224S - 6 Pad Race Disc

RB833 - Release Bearing

PB1004 - Pilot Bearing

AT87 - Alignment Tool

Torque Capacity: 401 ft/lbs.

Happy New Year!!!

Please order below:

http://www.pltek.net/catalog/index.php?cPath=1106_21_1120

We will have several group buys going over next 2-3 months so a new section on site will be created this coming week.

Let us know if you have any questions

PS

PLtek,llc

hi guys,

this is the the same clutch that cobb sells.

I have a stage II protuned car that is showing 340 ft/lbs of torque and my stock clutch does just fine.

This clutch has a lot more gripping force so the net result will be a slightly stiffer peddal but quicker, stronger grip.

Going along the same lines of compatibility, if someone is willing to take a gamble, there are 2 other kits

SB2-HDR4, 4 puck, rated at 401 ft/lbs

SB2-HDR6, 6 puck, rated at 401 ft/lbs

Let me know if you are interested in this one but the fist option is the safest and would probably compliment an every day driver the best.

I hope this helps

PS

PLtek,llc

i will have the prices on the flywheels and other clutches tomorrow.

i also communicated with a couple of people who installed sb2-hd00 kit and it can easily handle stage 2 torque and is definitely a lot more of a clutch than the stock one/

Remember, that you also dont want to put a clutch that is too much for what you are running because it will not be pleasant on your foot and it will not feel smooth.

So back to group buy. Please see post#1 for pricing and requirements

PS

PLtek,llc

OK, i just spoke to my mechanic who has a fp green in his sti, somewhat of an equivalent of a 20G, and he is running a twin plate exedy clutch rated at around 800 ft/lbs, an overkill to say the least but his tranny can handle a lot more abuse than our stock one.

As he explains, the idea is to match the clutch with the torque output at the flywheel. Now, if you have a stock clutch and running a 20G and putting out 400ft/lbs, the stock clutch can handle it, but it will take it say, 15 revolutions to fully engage. This will cause it to wear quicker but on positive, it will be a lot easier on the tranny and the drivetrain.

If you slap a 500 or a 600ft/lb clutch or a twin plate 800ft/lb one on your car, it will take say .5 to 2 revolutions to engage or GRAB in this case. You are quick, not much loss, but it will be a lot rougher on the tranny and drivetrain components, a lot more likely to damage them.

I hope this helps, it did for me (:

PS

PLtek,llc

Has anyone had a chance to install ACT SB2-HD00 on a LGT 05? I received the kit last week, and my mechanic said that everything seems to fit except the release bearing would not clip to the clutch fork. Any solutions?

Has anyone had a chance to install ACT SB2-HD00 on a LGT 05? I received the kit last week, and my mechanic said that everything seems to fit except the release bearing would not clip to the clutch fork. Any solutions?

PM Precison Tuning

SubieRU, I assume your name is Andre? I'm waiting to hear back from my subie-tech but from my initial analysis you're essentially converting the clutch setup over to a better setup similar to the legacy non-turbo clutch. So, the release bearing needs to clip to the release lever. The release lever itself is a different part number... So I will say that the release lever needs to be switched in order for the release bearing in the kit to work properly.

According to my local subaru parts counter, the release lever for the non-turbo lgt is 30530AA021, and the two clips required are 30539AA000 (need two)

I'll be adding these notes to my e-store description as I was under the impression the stock release lever could be reused.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

So if/when this is confirmed, you will be looking at another 60-65USD for these parts to make the clutch fit.

I plan on swapping out a clutch as well but not for a month or so.

Regardless, the group buy is on until the end of January.

Thanks everyone

PS

PLtek,llc

Also, I appologize for replying in your thread PL, I was just replying to help SubieRU and others.

Personally I was under the impression myself the stock release bearing would work but I was misinformed. I need to get my clutch done asap so I can get some more knowledge on what exactly is required.

Thanks,

Rob

Here is an update on the installation of SB2-HD00: the stock release bearing does work! I got the clutch installed yesterday (using all components of the kit except RB 833) and it works fine. Feels much better than the stock clutch; however, I am not sure whether it will last long under a significant stress. I run incomplete stage 2: Cobb AP, Cobb UP/DP, Perrin drop-in air filter.

Glad to hear that the stock bearing it will work, and did work out for you. I'll update my website to ensure that this is noted. The ACT pressure plate is better than stock, but only by ~200lbs of pressing force. I am looking into an RPS setup with a 2400lb pressure plate that will be able to hold more power at the flywheel. For right now though, the ACT SB2-HD00 is really the only setup I know of thats been tried and tested.

OK, now that this is settled, the GROUP BUY GOES ON !!!

Again, I am no expert on clutches but the ACT CLutch is a lot closer to what you need in terms of handling the power in stage 2.

It all also depends on how you drive.

There is alos the 6 puck clutch from ACT that will handle 401ft/lb. that i can get for you.

I have not looked into exedy clutches and flywheels but I think that as long as they are the ones for the RS, they will work.

The above ACT is a safest bet right now

Thanks

PS

PLtek,llc

Its officially in the VENDOR CLASSIFIEDS as well as on our NEW "GROUP BUY" section.

http://www.pltek.net/catalog/index.php?cPath=1106_21_1120

Check out all of the specials we are having now as well, all for Q1 of 2006. Please take advantage so we can bring you more

CUSCO Group buy, we are still working on !!

Thanks

Peter Sz

PLtek,llc

www.pltek.net

Archived