LegacyGT.com

Clock/Economy Gauge

I purchased an 06 LGT a few months back and noticed the clock/economy gauge did not work. Long story short I pulled the center bezel out and found this. It looks like it may have been switched from nav to the clock assembly before it was sold. Obviously they kept the nav and they were not concerned with hooking the clock back up. What is the best plan of action as far as reconnecting the clock? Is there an adapter kit out there so I do not have to cut the wiring? This is the back of the gauge, I'm having issues uploading the other image. Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

Any wisdom/experience out there? Do the plugs in the second photo look like aftermarket gauges, nav or did they replace with a different year clock?

Thanks,

Dan

490126393_photo4.thumb.jpg.441a0072c8ffa218b67b1faef1aa94da.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone have an answer? Can I just run wires from the car to the clock and skip the plugs? I have searched everywhere and I am coming up empty. Do you think the owner before me had the nav system and just put the cubby and economy/clock to fill the empty spot. Thanks beforehand for any wisdom on this.

Dan

Have you asked this in the interior forum below ?

Do you have the service manual, that may help ?

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 1 month later...

I'm going to make another attempt at repairing. I have searched this to no end since the purchase of the vehicle. I have contacted the dealer to no avail. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Dan

Best bet is look at the wiring schematics for both setups. Get the right plug for your clock and tap into the appropriate wires. I'm certain the wires you need will all be there.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

Schematics my friend. If you do not have them then get them.

10' CTS-V, A6, Airraid, 2.4 upper, ID850's, self tuned.

SOLD:06' LGT Wagon. BNR16G, Catless UP, DOWN, Hexmods VB, Hexmods diff bushings, BIG TMIC.

Best 0-60: 4.651 by AP

1/4= 13.678@100.73 mph, 1.945 60', Automatic transmission.

Sometimes, someone just needs to be lead to the river, then forced a drink.

By the looks of "vacation pics" from "my" 2005 and 2008 US DM Tour, you want connector i59. It's a 10 pin connector.

You have a 2006. I'll post excerpts from both, they should apply to yours. Also note that it will seen the airbag or SRS is involved.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Looking at your first pic, see the empty black plug on the clock module? I believe if the car came with a Nav setup, then you don't have the plug for that. It would appear as though others have tried to wire it up themselves. Here's a thread I just found that has some info.
BtSsm - Android app/Bluetooth adapter. LV, logging, gauges and more. For 05-14 Legacy (GT, 2.5, 3.0, 3.6), 02-14 WRX, 04-14 STi, 04-14 FXT, 05-09 OBXT

I did see that thread, although I wasn't sure it purtained to me. As I dug further into the dash I found all plugs for navi. So obviously I need to rewire a new plug for both the clock and the light in the cubby. Thank you all for the help thus far.

Dan

Just got off the horn with a local Subaru dealership and the car came with factory nav. The previous owner removed it and plugged the hole with the optional bezel and clock/Econ gauge. Now I need to find the 10 pin male plug and the 20 pin female.

Dan

Archived