LegacyGT.com

question on how to mount cbe to stock downpipe

magnus617

could someone please give me some tips on mounting a cbe to the stock down pipe. i plan on installing this on my own, and wanted to have as few problems as possible. any suggestion on supplies like gasket maker, bolts, ect ect... also, i just ordered the autospeed cbe if it helps. i'm really wandering about the stock dougnut gasket and spring bolts, and any info would be greatly appreciated (sp?)
never, under any circumstances, take sleeping pills at the same time as a laxative.

i was really hoping that i wouldnt need anything but the basic tools. i've already have all the sockets i need except the o2 sensor socket and i'll pick one up before it comes.
never, under any circumstances, take sleeping pills at the same time as a laxative.

:icon_conf

What one? The stock donut will be fine

he is obviously new to this and therefore may tear, break the gasket. I was setting him up for success. At least this way he doesnt have to run to the store with a leak :lol: ....

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

^ no, not really new to working on cars. i've never really done a ton of exhaust work, let alone tore the whole thing off. i just wanted to be prepaired for the worst

If you need an extra pair of hands, just let me know, and I'll see if I can make some evening or weekend time, and I'm about 40 miles away, give or take...

I'd not mind getting some exhaust experience... I am hoping to quiet mine down one of these days...

Do you have a heated workspace, or are you going to brave the deep-freeze?

And just a question...

Are you doing the full turbo-back, or just the part after the catalyst (cat-back)....

With Cat-back, which it sounds like... you shoulnd't need to remove the O2 sensors... those are in the catalyst mid-pipe and the down pipe, which would both be staying on the car, unless you are replacing the whole thing from the turbo backward.

Archived