LegacyGT.com

P0457 Help

So I Picked up a 2.5i SE a month ago, this thing is a POS. 2nd day owning it and get a CEL P2097. Get it checked and yes the O2 sensor is bad. Get that fixed now getting P0457 Major Evap leak, they replaced the gas cap and guess what it came back a few days later. Took it in today to have it smoke tested, they find nothing. They are going to check with their master techs to see if they have any other ideas to try to fix it. Anyone have any ideas to suggest they try? I am only starting to get to understand these cars, I could put a suspension lift on an Xterra in my sleep, but am clueless with this car so far. My wifes 06 2.5i has been flawless, this one sucks. HELP!:spin:

The evap can is on the firewall. May be a hose is cracked ?

Just watched a youtube video on P0457, the Evap canister is behind the drivers side rear tire, behind the plastic inner fender liner.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
I have the same problem. Did the code come back up?

what is the dog door scratch code?

Good one, that's funny.

spoondek, check the harness at the ECU. check here you might find some useful help.

http://people.csail.mit.edu/ilh/vacation/

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived