LegacyGT.com

I bought the car with 104k on it, did timing belt so thats not the issue. Since the day i bought it, it had a bit of shake at iddle, not uniform, just every 3 or four seconds a small shake then normal.

A month ago it threw p302, cleared, came back, cleared, nothing for a month and today after it running more rough than normal(at idle) and threw the code 10 mins later.

Car runs perfect above idle and at cruise

I will pull the belt cover this weekend to check but i doubt that it is a tooth off, i will do plugs soon because i dont know what has been done on the car and its at almost 120k so if the previous owner did at 60k, its time now.

Is there anyone on here who can take a look at datalogs for me or tell me what to look for on my own, to diagnose the source of the knock(what logs should i take, what values should i look for ect.)

That's not knock, that's misfire in cylinder 2. Swap coil packs with adjacent cylinder and see if the misfire follows. If so, put in new coil packs (all four recommended). If not, start with plugs and probably do a compression check.

Some of the usual suspects for a misfire in a given cylinder could be failing coil pack, dirty/failing injector, and/or bad spark plug.

You usually begin troubleshooting by working with only one item at a time. So try swapping the coil packs between cylinder 2 and 4. If CEL, follows then you know the coil pack is failing. If CEL remains in #2 after swapping the coils, then continue the troubleshooting by following the same procedure with the other items I have mentioned. If you still get a CEL in #2 after playing the swap games with all these items, then it'll be time for a compression/leak down test.

This thread summarizes most (if not all) possibilities for a misfire: http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2318069

Good luck.

Archived