LegacyGT.com

05 LGT banjo bolt removed, no screen

I bought this car two weeks ago. Havent touched it, repair wise. Was a one owner so cal car. Unmolested.

Dropped off with mechanic today.

He removed the banjo bolt nearest the turbo and said there was no screen and just some oil sludge buildup. So its clean but the filter is missing.

Any insight? It was obviously removed. Or am I mistaken? Just curious.

Welcome to the forum.

You are mistaken.

That small banjo is not the one.

You need the one that is on the back of the passenger side head behind #3 cylinder

Your best bet is to get a stubby ratcheting box end wrench from Harbor Fright, you need a 17mm to break it loose.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

A slight leak of the crush washers.

Stop the by dealership and tell the parts guy you want two of the crush washers for it so they can be replaced.

Have your guy do next time.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

The second banjo and filter are behind the Timing belt cover on the front of #2 cylinder, (drivers side).

HAMMERDOWN has file down the top of his and removed the bolt and removed the filter.

I had mine removed when the machine shop was assembling the long block.

The second banjo and filter are behind the Timing belt cover on the front of #2 cylinder, (drivers side).

HAMMERDOWN has file down the top of his and removed the bolt and removed the filter.

Theres one in there too? Well I better get that one out too. Fixed my P0021 code by removing the destroyed banjo filter on the drivers side AVCS oil line.

Link to pics. in post;

http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1326330&postcount=158

Mike

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

Archived