LegacyGT.com

Ok...i did it!

This afternoon I went and drove a 2002 WRX wagon automatic...man what a let down. Harsh ride...twitchy tranny...made great power...and shifts faster than I could...but harsh. It is a 90k mile car for 10100 out the door. After driving it I called the sales guy where the LGT was and asked to go for one more test drive ( my fourth). So I pulled the trigger on the 05 LGT deal (here). $9999.00 I guess that makes me an official card carrying member of the club. Now I just need to decide how much warranty to get. Powertrain only, powertrain plus( includes alot), or inclusive ( covers every switch and sensor). I am thinking I may save a few bucks and go for none. I have a decent shop @ home, and a good general mechanic on speeddial ( who happens to be a good friend), and a bit of real world shop experience ( was a service writer/tech for 4 years). How would you all rate your car on pure durability? This one has 70k on it. would like to hear from same or more mileage owners.

65K here, no real reliability issues yet. Oil every 5K(redline 5w30). Had 60K service done at 58K.

Rattles, squeaks, etc. Turn radio up louder.

I have changed out a few of the stock parts, so I can't help you on air filters, badges, brake lines, brake pads, brake rotors, boost control solenoids, catalytic converters, crank pulleys, downpipes, EGT sensors, fog light bulbs, grilles, headlight bulbs, intercoolers, mid-pipes, mufflers, O2 sensors, pedals, radios, shifters, shifter boots, shift knobs, springs, struts, sway bars, tires, uppipes, wheels, wipers, and y-pipes.

:lol:

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

perfect time to upgrade? Whats a good choice? My newbie thoughts on the car are this: semi quiet cat back (COBB, magnaflow or SPT), gut up pipe, replace both down and mid(catless), and a software device ( AP or E-tek,) to clear the codes and upgrade map to maximize the changes.(flame suit on)

Congratulations.

Some members have had problems with the oil supply banjo bolt to the turbo on the 05. If you are buying from a Subaru dealer you should make sure that it gets pulled for you. You may even want to see it for yourself. If it is really dirty/clogged then you may have a turbo problem shortly.

As for the exhaust .... you can probably find used UP and DP on the forum and not deal with the headache of removing the cats from the OEM pipes.

perfect time to upgrade? Whats a good choice? My newbie thoughts on the car are this: semi quiet cat back (COBB, magnaflow or SPT), gut up pipe, replace both down and mid(catless), and a software device ( AP or E-tek,) to clear the codes and upgrade map to maximize the changes.(flame suit on)

Sound choices. Add brake upgrades(pads at a minimum), and some suspension goodies, and.....:)

the word "bottomless pit" could be applied, but my wife already used that one on my TJ.:lol:

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

105k on my stock turbo. I don't abuse my car, but I do do some spirited driving on backroads around my house.

major work I've had done:

-timing belt and water pump and tensioner

-v-belts replaced

-replace clutch

had my mechanic check the turbo while he was replacing the clutch. he said it looked pretty good. my suspension needs to be replaced soon. that's next on my list.

Insurance. The turbos like to go after 50k... doesn't mean yours will but chances are good.
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Archived