LegacyGT.com

Rally Armor clips/fasteners replacement

The Woo

So my sister tore one of her mudflaps and needed some hardware to re-install it as all the hardware broke except the special metal bracket for the Imprezas.

After a bit of researching, gave up on getting the hardware from Rally Armor and didn't want to use the metal clips found at the hardware store. I'd rather have the hardware break than having the bumper torn. Did some more researching and found they're called u-nut. From there, found that the exact one supplied with the flaps are Toyota u nut #14.

I ordered a bag from Ebay from a guy in Hong Kong since the shipping was only 2$. All in all it came to 8$ for 25 of them. I just received mine today and it's the exact same part except it took 1 month to arrive :lol:

http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/4387/toyotaunut14.jpg

I hope this will be helpful for you guys.

Or save some hassle, and stop in at Napa, or any other automotive retailer and get a bag of them for the same price and not have to wait on shipping. I use a bigger version of these to keep my front lip attached to the bottom of the bumper. U-nuts are really common.

Couldn't find the plastic ones in my area, only metal. I know, I can be a dick on some minor details. It's also retarded how much they overprice everything in Canada especially in Montreal. For what they charge locally a OEM grade disc brake (let say ATE) here at NAPA, I can get DBA slotted Street series for the same price including shipping. The metal clips go for 1.75$ each.

Interesting. Quite possible Napa stocks differently there. They have options in both plastic and metal here with a sample book so you can test threads etc right there on the spot. I got bags of 6 for like $2 (although I realize pricing sounds different there too).

Archived