LegacyGT.com

Interior door trim removal

Tam2007

Sorry everyone, I tried a search but i'm not sure about the answer to this still.

How do you remove the little wood trim piece on the doors? Does it just pop off or do I have to remove the door and some screws etc?

I was able to pry beneath it and i didn't feel that it was glued. Could be in just a couple of spots though.

I thought it was held on by 2 spots but i'm not sure if they're screws or pop-its.

I don't want to pull too hard incase it is screws.

In talking with someone about their recent CF wrap, I believe those trim pieces are riveted to the door panel, so you would need to drill out the rivet and JB weld or something equivalent the pieces back onto the door.

Cool, thanks Lardo420.

I wonder what would be more work, cutting the pieces off and then CF wrapping them and glueing them on, or trying to CF wrap them while still on the door...?

The pieces are small and i can tuck in behind them a bit.

Seems like trying to tuck behind would be your best bet, unless you're into a challenge. Since the piece is rather small I don't think it would be a bad idea to try to get it to wrap behind. If you have an old credit card or one of those ones that always come in the mail, cut a strip off of that and try it out, I bet it wouldn't be that hard to get a good wrap without taking the whole door panel off.

I wrapped them with the pieces still on the door. Pretty easy to do. Just peel, and stick, use a CC or license to create a good seam around the wood edges, heat it up with a blow dryer for a few seconds, then use an exacto-knife or cutting blad to carefully cut around the seam.

Archived