LegacyGT.com

Has anyone grabbed all the latest TSB's from techinfo.subaru.com?

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

When you guys take your cars in to get that turbo line inspected, if they install the extra bracket and do not replace the line, make sure that if they check the tightness of the existing top pipe clamp (the one nearest to the turbo with the black rubber insert), that they ensure that pipe clamp remaims properly centered around the pipe if they tighten the clamp bolt.

On my car all was perfect before the car went in and I insisted that I watched what they were doing as I was forewarned about the dealer being sloppy. The mechanic put the wrench on the bolt and tightened without holding that clamp steady...Result : the clamp rotated and was now digging into the side of the pipe. As soon as I left the dealership, I loosened that bolt and properly positioned the clamp before tightening the bolt again. Had I not noticed that, the clamp would had worn through the rubber bushing and ruptured the pipe. You just can't find good help anymore. I honestly suggest that all of us who are mechanically inclined pay for the 72 hr subscription and download all the manuals for your car, so you can do the work yourself. That way you know that things are done correctly. After this now being the second very negative experience at the dealer, I will not be taking the car back there ever again. Hopefully it doesn't need any other warranty work. Go check that clamp !!!

whats the deal with these TSB's from that site?

Do we just go to the dealer and tell them which one it is, and if its after the first 36000 miles is it no longer covered or are these extended?

TSB are Technical Service Bulletins, they do not extend any warranty coverage. If the problem they describe is confirmed on you car and it is less than 3 yrs old and has less than 36k miles it will be covered under warranty, if not it will be the customer's responsibility to pay for the repair.

• 2 weeks later...
Does the pressure regulator sound like a belt is slipping for a second and then catches? I know I have this kind of noise when my car has been sitting overnight and in the morning I decide to turn the key to the cranking position I get the noise for a second. It only happens when it's been sitting for a while.

Mine is doing this now, started at 58K. Dealer "couldn't find the problem." Anyone have any ideas? Thanks

*Edit-- I called my service writer and told him about the FPR. He called me back and said that mine should already have the "quiet one" and that its not covered by the Powertrain Warranty anyway.... guess I will live with it.

Edited by slade9

• 9 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Any info on the above referenced TSB relating to transmission issues. I have an '05 LGT with a 5EAT that is intermittently hard shifting upon slow acceleration from a stop.

I can not reproduce the event at will and as such have not gone to dealer yet.

Any info on what the TSB says would be helpful. Thanks and Cheers,

Thanks Malvic!

I read through the TSB and I do have a CEL a blinking cruise and sport mode and I only get Code P0600. I had the e-brake light and the abs light come on a few times but then shut off.

I tried to reset the codes with a generic OBD2 scanner, didn't work. I disconnected teh battery a couple times. No luck.

Finally i opened the panel under the steering wheel and i tried to push all the connectors tight.

Then all the codes and lights went off.

I'm assuming that one of these harnesses under there is faulty, but i'm curious how to fix it or diagnose which harness it is.

I hope I don't have to open up the panel every couple of weeks and jingle the harnesses...

Thanks again for the research though!!

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...

Anyone know what this TSB is about?

11-102-11R Technical Service BulletinECM Reprogramming Files (revised)Aug 15, 2011

11-102-11R Technical Service BulletinECM Reprogramming Files (revised)Aug 15, 2011

Item Code Title Created Date

11-102-11R ECM Reprogramming Files (revised) 8/15/2011

• 9 years later...

https://subarufanclub.cz/wiki/_media/modely/impreza/sti_technical_service_bulletins.pdf

Not sure if that's what your asking for...?

Found that in my list of favorites/bookmarks the other day.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here