LegacyGT.com

ordered some wheels from wheeldude.com

team23jordan

I ordered a set of G-forces for my STi on 2/4/2011 from Tommy from wheeldude/subydude

Tommy took my order and he said I should get my wheels around 2/8.

Didn't hear anything back. So I sent him a PM around 2/10

He told me the wheels haven't been shipped from the warehouse yet.

I found a better deal thru a different vendor so I told him to cancel my order as the wheels have not been shipped yet.

He said he would price match so he'll refund my $40. cool

Tommy said I should expect to get my wheels no later than 15th.

Well, I didn't.

Tried to send them a PM around 11PM on 2/17, there PM box was full so I sent'em an email.

In the email, I requested to cancel my order as it's taking forever and I still haven't gotten my $40 back.

On 2/18, I get an email around 4PM from wheeldude.com saying that wheels have been shipped.

WTF?!?!?

They simply just ignored my email and shipped the wheels to me.

I guess the wheels are on the way up here now from CA.

wut should I do?

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

I say look else where, call your credit company and cancel the bill or put a stop payment from them on it since they haven't refunded your price match. That should get someone's attention. lol

It's cause every company is hurting for money, pro longing everything to keep your money so they don't loose out. Shitty way to do it, sorry to hear but other companies are doing the same... Saying one thing and Doing another.

I say if they are the wheels you want and he finally price matches you just keep the wheels and.get them mounted up and.roll with it and just tell them your bad experience and remind them that you will never come to them again. They'll hate that more then anything.

Now on another not I purcased my rota gravels from them and they came really fast and I was 100% pleased. Seems they are just sluffing at the moment.

Sorry they are sluffing at your expense...

I ordered some wheels from them wayyyy way back when and they arrived damaged, they got replacements sent out very quickly no problem.

Then I ordered some more items a few years back to finish a swap I was working on. Some lugs and other misc parts. They didn't have the lugs in stock so I told them to send the rest so I could complete the swap. Which they did, but they shipped them to the wrong house, after I reminded them to send to my new address. So I had to drive to my old house and pick them off the porch.

I let them know this, and to cancel the lugs as I didn't want to go back to the house to pick those up, since I didn't think they would update my shipping address since they didn't the previous time I told them. Well they canceled the lugs as I never received them, but I never EVER got a refund. Even after emailing a few times, they would say it would be refunded and it never got refunded.

To sum up, I didn't have the 100% bad experiences with them, but the bad experiences I did have made it so that I would never recommend anybody ordering anything from them.

can't you just refuse the shipment (when delivered) then ask/demand your refund?

if the $40 isn't coming will the rest? :spin:

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Well it seems I'm even having problems trying to get into some sort of communication with them. I had a P1 spoke crack through and they said they would warranty it for me.

Now it seems the emails are going to deaf eyes and no one is around. Maybe there is something amiss in all this in dealing with them? Yet they make updates to their websites continually with new shipments and products...

May have to go to the BBB?

can't you just refuse the shipment (when delivered) then ask/demand your refund?

I order online a lot and many companies nowadays stick it to you in the fine print so that they stop you from doing this. If you don't even accept the shipment, you pay a restocking fee for them to accept the merchandise back AND return shipping charges before they give you a refund.

Try giving them a call, instead of using email? :redface: I know they are a vendor on many other forums and probably get a crap load of emails. If you want a quick response, pick up the phone. I have always had good luck ordering from them in the past...

+1 how come nobody uses the phone these days besides texting. i rather call someone than e-mail cuz they dont always check it and calling is just a faster response. i would just keep the rims if they come why go through the hassle of shipping it back or what not. as for the $40 CALL them if they dont give it to you..

post pics after install..

I ordered my Rota DPTs from them. Some of the paint flaked off and they told me they would contact Rota about replacing them. They did and warranted the wheels. They sent me a new set, paid for swapping them out and for return shipping. I can't fault them in any way at all. The only thing was, the whole process took several months, but I didn't care because I had my winter wheels on. I was dealing with Dan. Several months ago, I got an email from Dan saying he was moving on and leaving Wheeldude. Wonder if this is part of or a symptom of the problems people seem to be having now.

Any product has flaws and some bad batches.

But customer service is what mainly keeps things going.

Plus 1 on actually :gasp: picking up a phone to sort something out! Imagine that!!

Any product has flaws and some bad batches.

But customer service is what mainly keeps things going.

Plus 1 on actually :gasp: picking up a phone to sort something out! Imagine that!!

+1, use the friggen phone!

I have bought at least 3 sets of Rotas from Subydude in the past and never had a problem.

Maybe things have changed there :confused:

Archived