LegacyGT.com

3rd Gen fog light switch question

Heffernan

I currently have my Hella driving lights wired up to the switch that was included in the box and mounted on the same panel has the rear view mirror switch, among other things, down and to the left of the steering wheel.

I was wonder/hoping that I could dump that switch and mount an OEM fog light swing in place of the 'Cover Switch'. If I remember corrctly, base model OBs that didn't come from the factory with fog lights would replace these blank covers with actual switches to power the fog lights.

My questions are simply, 1. Can I run my Hellas off an OEM fog light switch, and if yes, does anyone have a part number.

I have link a diagram from OF.com. The cover switch that I'm looking to replace with a fog light switch is #2, I think.

http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/us_b13/type_21/electronic/switch_instrumentpanel/illustration_1/

Thanks.

There's no "switch" behind the cover.

The OEM fog light switch is on the turn signal stalk, not the bank of switches below the mirror control.

You could replace the switch bank but even then you'd only have momentary switches, not on/off switches.

There's no "switch" behind the cover.

The OEM fog light switch is on the turn signal stalk, not the bank of switches below the mirror control.

You could replace the switch bank but even then you'd only have momentary switches, not on/off switches.

This is for 3rd gen legacy's, the fog light switch is on the dash left of the steering wheel.

Check and see if you already have some of type correct wiring. I pulled the left dash garnish on mine to get to the cluster.

I have a blank for the wiper de-icer. However there was a connector plugged into the back with 4-5 wires coming out.

It also pops out easily.

On the knee bolster (panel) under a steering where is a pocket pull it out and use your hand to push out the switch garnish panel.

I'll take some pictures at lunch time.

Archived