LegacyGT.com

HID bulb replacement

skubdu

ebay? I would suggest changing out the pair as there will be a colour difference...

What kit did you go with?

i'm kinda hesitant with ebay, got burned once. i don't remember the name of the kit coz its about 3 yrs old but it has a Hella ballast.

anyone know if silverstars are better than our stock ones? I had them on my acura and liked them.

Debatable in terms of absolute brightness.

However, if you prefer a whiter color, the Sylvania SilverStars are worth the upgrade.

Note that some in our community, as well as the tuner community at-large, have had problems with SilverStars expiring prematurely.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Debatable in terms of absolute brightness.

However, if you prefer a whiter color, the Sylvania SilverStars are worth the upgrade.

Note that some in our community, as well as the tuner community at-large, have had problems with SilverStars expiring prematurely.

yep...i had two burn out in under a year of use.

yep...i had two burn out in under a year of use.

Most aftermarket bulb companies that I have dealt with in my wholesaling days have had trouble in the past getting an H7 bulb to last a long time... even Piaa.

I even stopped offering warranty and just lowered the price on the bulbs I distributed. I always suggested buying two pairs at once!:dm:

SOrry to jack- I know this is an HID bulb thread...

Did you find a replacement yet cause everywhere i look it seems you have to order the whole kit again. I can't seem to find just the bulbs? Also if you have bought in the past a 6000k kit can you buy say 8000k bulbs and they will work? or does the wiring need to be changed to? Thanks

Archived