LegacyGT.com

Official Suspension FAQ - Swaybars - Struts/Springs - Coilovers - Alignment

VW has done that for YEARS.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

VW has done that for YEARS.

I thought that VW's buttons were for an entirely different purpose....

I almost bought a GTI with a DSG and it did have a button as well. I noticed that if I had it in sport (manual shifting) mode, that the car would stay in the selected gear even if I floored it. But, when I clicked the button beyond it would automatically shift down to the lowest gear possible and leave it to me to shift to the next gear.

A friend of mine has two 2004 VW's with the tiptronic automatics. They do the same thing.

*shrug*

I cannot say anything about the VW manual cars because I have actually never driven one.. So, I don't know if they have a button or not to go along with my theory.

I thought that VW's buttons were for an entirely different purpose....

I almost bought a GTI with a DSG and it did have a button as well. I noticed that if I had it in sport (manual shifting) mode, that the car would stay in the selected gear even if I floored it. But, when I clicked the button beyond it would automatically shift down to the lowest gear possible and leave it to me to shift to the next gear.

A friend of mine has two 2004 VW's with the tiptronic automatics. They do the same thing.

*shrug*

I cannot say anything about the VW manual cars because I have actually never driven one.. So, I don't know if they have a button or not to go along with my theory.

That's what BMW uses it for. They call it the "kickdown button".

Edit: just saw you are talking about a 6MT 335. No idea why that would have a button...

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Odd. A quick search shows the 6MT 335i's don't have a button.

Oops. They don't.

In all that ranting I never specified the button was on a 328i auto I drove.

Corrected:

And get this.... There is a retarded BUTTON beyond the "full throttle" position of the gas peddle to actually have the computer tell the throttle body to go full throttle on the automatics

That's what BMW uses it for. They call it the "kickdown button.

I was told by some BMW guy, and I heard it in a review video once that the button was for full throttle. I assumed it was for both after that.. Maybe I'm mixing up the years or something. Idk.

I never drove the 328i though. I drove it less than a half of a mile around the block from a dealer because it was an automatic and I didn't much care for it.

It has nothing to do with the throttle. Just trans kickdown.

But a kickdown button is actually kind of a good idea, especially on a DSG (or some variant)... As long as you know what it's for.

Says the guy who posted about buying a red WRX on igota.... :rolleyes::lol:

Psshhhh IstillGOTA Second Gen Outback though!

Not sure for how much longer though... I might actually be forced to get rid of it :icon_neut

I didnt sell out completely. At least I still own 3 Subarus! :lol:

And exactly how many of them are a Second Gen!?

• 2 months later...

Could my question be a FAQ (and/or answered for me :)

Does it matter when installing the front shocks, what the orientation of the top hats are?

Obviously the top hats spin and also have a slight angle, so I'm assuming it matters when the top hats are bolted to the chassis? Which way should they angle...?