LegacyGT.com

96 Legacy LS - Anyone know what this is?

I was replacing the vacuum hose connecting the air box to I believe the IAC when this snapped. I didn't notice it right away and after installing the hose I started the car and it died right away.

After looking around this was the only thing I saw out of place, and I replaced it with some regular hose but it still won't start.

My question is does anyone know what this tube is and if i need a hard plastic replacement or if something else is wrong and the soft hose is fine.

Thank you ahead of time for your answers.

0126151256a.thumb.jpg.51bf528520ceadf2524df21d0da26ec1.jpg

0126151256.thumb.jpg.cef07848ed996720955ed485fee5d70c.jpg

0126151256b.thumb.jpg.fd92210a8dde0a37fc30564fe0749307.jpg

are you talking about the small vac hose with the ''TEE'' that leads to the inline filter / check valve?

or are you talking about the larger hose with the new hose clamps on it?

or something else?

if you don't put it back together like it was you will have trouble.

there should be a vac hose diagram on the inside of the hood.

you symptoms sound like the large hose with the hose clamps is not connected to the black plastic intake tube from the MAF / air filter.

it sound like you have a very large vac leak.

CEL?

That broken thin hose off the tee conector slides right in to the small metal inlet(copper/brass color little less than an inch long) right off the intake manifold. Take the rest if the hose off and go to the auto parts store and buy some of it, probably sold by the foot. If you break the tee connector trying to get it off they sell those too. This small intake leak usually make the car stall like that but is still possibly the issue. Check to make sure the idle air control valve hose is tightly on both ends(if this is unplugged it would cause the car to stall immediately after startup.

Archived