LegacyGT.com

Catted DP and CO emissions?

SARCruiser

So I've been doing some research on here and have mostly narrowed my choices on a DP to a Cobb, Invidia, or Perrin split catted DP.

I live in a part of CO that just recently saw a return of emissions so I do need to keep the cat. My question is, which is the most likely to "pass"? I know this is redundant question but I'm just looking for what people have had experience with passing in these parts. They do spot-check visual inspections (although they missed the chevy V8 crammed in my '87 Landcruiser when they popped the hood).

Thoughts from other folks here in CO would be greatly appreciated but anyone who lives in a "normal" (i.e. - non California) emissions local would be appreciated as well. Thanks!

If it makes a big difference, I am looking to mate it to a SPT cat-back.

I have a sti catless upipe and an Invidia catted downpipe and do not pass emissions. They fail me on high Nox and do a vigorous visual inspection to make sure the cats are in place. Every 2 years, I swap the downpipe, flash to a stock tune, swap out wheels (they make you sign a waiver if you have aftermarket wheels), then take it down. After I pass, I put everything back on. Someone in CO. has said they passed with a Cobb catted dp, but I don't know who.

I heard the best thing to do is to drive by the mobile emission trucks....

I also heard that if your car is on the borderline of pass/fail, you are more apt to pass via mobile trucks...Not to mention your car doesn't get beat on by those d-bags on the dyno...and no visual inspections!

http://www.aircarecolorado.com/locations-and-maps/truck-locations/

To properly pass emissions, you need your stock downpipe. Legend self-tuned his race cat to pass on E-85. It is not feasible to tune your car to pass with a race cat, he was a one time deal.

I may have a new solution though in the next few months as it is released.....

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

• 3 years later...
  • 4 years later...
Where did you get it done?

That was at the Clean Air place in Parker.

Here's a quote from their web page:

"Vehicles 8 through 11 years old will be inspected using onboard diagnostics (OBD)."

So at this point, a 2005 or 2006 (in your case) will most likely be put on the dyno/sniffer.