LegacyGT.com

Installer forgot my TSK3 kit with new clutch install!

I just had a new SMFW and clutch installed in my LGT, but the installer forgot to put in the TSK3! They used the new OEM TOB that came with the clutch kit. Needless to say, I was pissed! Should I have them crack everything back open just to install the TSK3? Had new axel seals put in when the job was done too. Everything feels fine with the new clutch and the pedal feels like butter now. They also said the snout was not damaged. What do you think I should do? Can't talk to the guy until next week as he is out of town. Thanks for your thoughts.

I would make them instal it, I installed my new clutch and did not do the TS3 kit because of a delay in shipping. Long story short, 2000 miles later I had to remove the transmission again and Install the TS3 kit due to wicked annoying squeak.

I didn't say it doesn't happen... and in F1's case, it's probably something about him and his car. That is not typical at all.

Damaged snout is a fairly rare occasion. In the 5 years I've been working on Subarus, I have never seen one, Neither has the 3 other techs I work with.

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

It depends if you want to be a jackass about it or not. The reality is that its not a hugely common failure. Based on the number of posts around here, I'd bet you'll lose ringland #4 before the TOB.

If you do demand they take it apart and add it, that's a huge amount of effort for them. Go back and complain, but the best solution is probably them just giving you a discount on the labor already done, and you re-selling the part or having it put on with your next clutch.

I vote for having them install it.

My 2000GT wagon had it's tranny snot replaced at around 63,000 miles. There was no kit for it back then, but the dealer knew what to do. They had a local machine shop make up a insert and installed it after having the case machined to except it. They seemed like they had done this fix before.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived