LegacyGT.com

Prosport electronic boost gauge question

FlyingLow

I recently bought a prosport electronic boost gauge off of another member on the forum and just got to installing it today. I ran a T off the bypass valve for boost reading then tapped the red and white wires from the boost gauge to the trip computer wire that has yellow with red stripe, then tapped the black wires on the boost gauge to the trip computer wire that is black with yellow stripe. I left the orange and green wires disconnected. When I start the car, the gauge sweeps and lights up correctly, then slowly creeps from max vac to max boost over a period of like 20 or so seconds and stays at max boost reading. I searched and found one other member with the same problem but he doesn't really go into detail on the solution so I PM'ed him but in the meantime I was hoping someone here could help me as my dash is currently ripped apart and I need to get it back together ASAP! Thanks for any help!

Where are your wires from the boost sensor attached?

-The white wire on the sensor should only be attached to the green wire on the back of the gauge (this is how the gauge gets its signal from the sensor).

-The red wires from both the sensor and the gauge should be attached to the yellow/red trip computer wire.

-The white wire on the back of the gauge should also go to the yellow/red trip computer wire.

-The black wires from both the sensor and the gauge should be attached to the black/yellow trip computer wire.

-Leave the orange on the back of the gauge unhooked if you never want the gauge to turn Amber.

Ok, that was indeed it... I connected the white wire from the sensor to the green wire from the gauge and that cleared everything up. Now I am reading around -20 at idle and peaking around 15 or so on boost. Going to check all of my connections again and button everything up at lunch today. Thanks again!

• 2 months later...
Where are your wires from the boost sensor attached?

-The white wire on the sensor should only be attached to the green wire on the back of the gauge (this is how the gauge gets its signal from the sensor).

-The red wires from both the sensor and the gauge should be attached to the yellow/red trip computer wire.

-The white wire on the back of the gauge should also go to the yellow/red trip computer wire.

-The black wires from both the sensor and the gauge should be attached to the black/yellow trip computer wire.

-Leave the orange on the back of the gauge unhooked if you never want the gauge to turn Amber.

I completed the boost guage installation. Gauge works great, however now the airbag light is illuminated on the main gauge cluster and the trip computer is not working. The trip cpu is flashing "ign."

The only wires that I tapped from the trip cpu is the yellow and red wire and the black and yellow wire.

I have tried resetting the controls with the battery disconnect, but still no fix. I have searched the forums and it appears the dealer may have to reset? I have an AP2, should I try a ECU reset?

Thanks,:confused:

Archived