LegacyGT.com

All Weather Floor Mats

DrSpeed

Anyone have any experience with Subaru All Weather Mats vs. the WeatherTech ones?

Subaru PN: J501SAG000

http://www.subaruxtras.com/subaru/images/all-weathermatslegacy.jpg

versus:

Weathertech PN: 450831

http://www.weathertech.com/images/items/vehicles/450831_Legacy_07.jpg

http://www.weathertech.com/images/items/vehicles/450832_Legacy_07.jpg

BANNED FROM THE TIKI FORUM. :lol:

i bought the subie all weathers from a fred beans group buy for a great price and couldn't be happier with them. the weathertechs appear to cover a larger area than the oems but i've been more than satisfied with the all weather subarus mats

Thanks....Weathertechs seem to make a tray, so nothing spills out (like the fine sand they use to sand/salt the roads).

How much were the mats during the group buy? Perhaps time for another one!

I have the WeatherTech liners front and rear, and am very happy with them. They are installed and removed easily for cleaning, and they protect the carpet well. The Subaru mats just don't come close to these liners.

Subaru mats suck! I have gone through 2 drivers mats (the 1st was replaced under the 1yr/12k mile warranty but this 2nd one is a no go at the dealer) and wear holes in them with my heel. I will NOT be buying them again. I am going to SAMS Club and getting a beefy mat set for $19.99. Weathertechs are really $$$$ and i dont want to wear a hole through them too. I could probably take a stack of $10bills thick enough to buy the weathertechs and put that under my heel to stop it from wearing through.

I have the Subie All Weathers and while they are good at keeping the rain/snow/dirt off the floor, they are not good at staying in place. The anchor in the driver footwell is about useless. Plus they are rather stiff and once they 'mold' to your floor shape they never change. So in my case the mat slides around and has 'molded' to being in an improper location so it has no chance of ever fitting properly. I'm tempted to bolt the damn things in place.

Hopefully you will have better luck with them.

I also have the Subaru OEM All Weather Mats and I also wore out the section where my heel sits. It's not a hole, more like a crack in the rubber, but definitately worn out.

I like them for what they do, but they are not the durable.

Subaru mats suck! I have gone through 2 drivers mats (the 1st was replaced under the 1yr/12k mile warranty but this 2nd one is a no go at the dealer) and wear holes in them with my heel. I will NOT be buying them again. I am going to SAMS Club and getting a beefy mat set for $19.99. Weathertechs are really $$$$ and i dont want to wear a hole through them too. I could probably take a stack of $10bills thick enough to buy the weathertechs and put that under my heel to stop it from wearing through.

+1, this same thing happened with my first set of mats. If the set I received under warranty wears out, I may well go with the ones at Sam's too. They can't be much less sturdy than OEM....:spin:

Hmm....$150 isn't terrible for the Weathertechs.

I have a similar let in my Superduty, and they work awesome.

Time for some weathertechs it seems.

And you guys really wore a hole through the mats? Did you forget to take off your spurs when you left the ranch?

They don't seem to carry them for the LGT though. I have the Subaru All-Weather, and although they seem to be holding up fine, the Black mats with a Taupe interior still bothers me a bit. If/When the subaru ones break down, I'll be searching for ones that match.

I have these in my truck:

http://www.niftyproducts.com/home_nifty.aspx

And they are 1/3 as much as the Weathertech's. And work equally as well....and no holes after 80k miles!

I've seen comparison between Weathertech and huskyliners, but I ended up going with Weathertech because they offer front and back, and had a photo of the product. Huskyliners only shows a generic model. If anyone has that brand I'd be interested in a photo.

GK1 you said installed? they need to be installed? or just placed in like other mats?

They just need to be placed in the well, but since they're fitted to the whole space from the front of the seat rails to the front of the footwell, it's more of a "tool-less installation" :)

Sorry for the confusion

i just received my Weathertechs for the front on Saturday, they fit like a glove, i just wish they were a lil cheaper. for the back i'm using the back ones from my Sams set. had to cut up the fronts from the Sams set for my previous car

I love the look of the OEM Subaru mats compared to the weathertechs, and they work great. We get your average winter snow here in KS, so they need to be able to protect/contain, but nothing like you'd need in the northern states/New England.

The weathertechs would be the ultimate in functionality, but for everyday enjoyment/aesthetics the OEM Sub mats win for me.

your foot wore through the rubber subaru mats?

Me too. And to make matters worse, I wear driving shoes with the rounded heel on them about 99% of the time (I hate the clunky work boots while shifting the MT). I actually got the dealer to replace them for free, because they were covered under "option installed at time of delivery" clause in the warranty.

My wife has Weathertechs in her 10 year old Acura TL and they are great. You get what you pay for, and the weathertechs are a lifetime item.

Archived