LegacyGT.com

Fully independent fogs lights

I just did this mod and it works the way i like. I didn't tap into any wires, i just made new connectors and relocated the relay so i didn't have to cut and splice. For the purple wire i used the other side of the connector i just plugged in the wire in and ran it to the bottom and made sure it wouldn't come lose. Secured the relay and put it all back together. I would've liked to take the blue and white wire out on the back side, but it was a PITA to get out so i just made new connectors and relocated the relay. If anyone knows how to get that connector out from the back side let me know, as i like to have all my wiring nice and neat. Thanks.

This is what I want to look into. I just looked at the wiring diagrams to get a better understanding of what is connected to what (electrician here). I'm thinking of just seeing how hard it is to remove the blue/white wire from the back of the relay, putting something to cover it so it doesn't short out and then running a new wire like you said into the violet wire on the blue plug. But I want to keep the relay in the relay box just in case the dealer needs to look at it for what ever reason they might come up with.

Then for the last part I might pop out the two pins in the plug and add another jumper wire to them, or cut and solder a small piece of wire on them and then add a butt connector if I ever want to go back to stock.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so this will work on my '08 or is there anything different I should know?

Did this in my 09 so it works. Only part I didn't do was the second part where the fogs would be on with the high beams. I still need to do that part.

276hp/347tq On a DynoJet

Dyno Video - Had a big lean spot as you can tell in the second pull

• 1 year later...
so i'm reviving this thread from 2+ years ago. i did it on my 09' and the fogs will only come on with my parking lights on? is this whats going on with the 08+ model years? or do yours turn on when you start your car?

Go back and read the beginning of the first post...

...i did it on my 09' and the fogs will only come on with my parking lights on? is this whats going on with the 08+ model years? or do yours turn on when you start your car?

Its supposed to do that. You actually should have the parking lights on with your foglamps.

Well when you switched your fogs to DRL's did you add a relay or what way did you go about switching them over to DRL's. I know there are a couple ways.

yes, I added one relay

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v480/zuczek/FOG-DRL.jpg

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/foglight-drl-mod-make-your-fogs-work-drls-42877.html

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...