LegacyGT.com

5EAT Ask your Questions!?!

it is HIGHLY advisable to use the same year transmission as the car. one member tried using an 05 5eat in an 06 and failed due to electronic gremlins. you certainly cannot use an 08-09 tranny in a previous year. Edited by bmx045

happy to say putting down 320whp 350whp

on the F1 w/ an AVO450

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

As you can hopefully see on my graph mine takes a considerable dip at around 5.1k.. and my tuner noted at the bottom (and when i spoke to him) that the TC was unlocking at that point... what the Efffff

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/285597_421535841199750_964443023_n.jpg

• Mega Users
Where's the graph? If you are seeing a rev dip, it is the TC locking up. If it is unlocking, you'll see rpm jump up a little. If you are seeing a slight drop in revs around 5100 rpm, you're describing normal behavior.

temp listed on the graph was 93F... so yes it was pretty hot.

doesnt show a drop in RPMs but it drops the HP n TQ a fair amount. it takes until 5.5k to reach the point it was pre-drop.... because it dips slightly again at 5.3k.

HALLLPPPPPP Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Mega Users

Here's the thread I started about my rev dip a while back. It only happened when it was hot for some reason, but it's exactly what you're describing. From what others have said, it is definitely TCC lockup. Why don't you just log TCC lockup and see what it's doing at 5100 rpm? It's in the experimental logger defs.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/trying-diagnose-rev-dip-149132.html?t=149132&highlight=rev+dip

I had great luck unbolting the trans bushing and using a crow bar to wedge the front diff housing away from the crossmember (thus sliding trans back away from engine). This may work to get you the couple millimeters of case separation you need. You might not even need to unbolt the trans mount... but you will need the lower engine mounts to hold the engine in place for this to work. I don't know if this will help you, but it sounds like you're out of ideas. I read various accounts of this problem on various forums.
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

• 2 weeks later...
Is driving like a tool in the snow (DORIFTO!!!) as hard on my diff as hard launches?

Aka should I stop having fun driving in the snow next season?

No

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Hear, hear! I do whatever I want with my 5EAT, especially downshifting for braking, no attempt at rev matching, with no problems at all. 135K+ miles.

People, people, people!

It's an auto ffs, you have 2 jobs: hit the gas or hit the brake, depending on need.

Anything above and beyond that, if you want to dick around, get a MT

07-09 will revmatch on downshifts, 05-06 I have yet to hear of a failed transmission because it didn't like to be downshifted.

Edited by lgt_nube

• I Donated Too
Hear, hear! I do whatever I want with my 5EAT, especially downshifting for braking, no attempt at rev matching, with no problems at all. 135K+ miles.

but are you stock?