LegacyGT.com

Accessories staying on with ignition OFF

I have an interesting problem that has developed with my OB XT. About once a week the radio stays on after the ignition is off and the key is out of the ignition. Also a few times, the radio has been off, but when I returned to the vehicle it was on. If I push on the fusebox under the dash it will go off. Also if the ignition/radio is off I can usually push and pull the fusebox/relay bank and get the radio to turn on. I am thinking it is either a sticky relay or some issue with the relay block. I checked all the connectors at the back of the fusebox and they were all firmly plugged in. The dealer is going to look at it next week. Anyone else come across this?

Guest *Jedimaster*
Haven't heard of it, but I'll be interested to hear the resolution. I wonder if it has anything to do with a bad ground as so many other little problems on these cars seem to.

The fuse and relay holders were toast. Apparently a bunch of the connections were loose. The car is still at the dealer because the fuse holder assy is on backorder to Japan. The dealer said it was so bad they didn't want me in the car until they replaced it for fear of an electrical fire. I am guessing that the assembly was cracked in installation which caused a bunch of pins to short out. I will let you know definitively when I get the car back. Hopefully by Friday.

Archived