LegacyGT.com

Higher-Performance Legacy SURVEY!

Alright everyone, I have been really wondering, seriously, if you were to get a higher performance Legacy, what would the makeup of it be and what would you expect it to come like. I see LOTS of different suggestions, but what does everyone see as reasonable and what would you be buying on yours if the slate was clean. Please take a little time to respond to this survey (it took me less than 5 minutes to fill out with some thought), it's really shorter than it looks. I have put quite a bit of time and thought into this to try and cover all of the bases without being too technical. [u]I am looking for input regarding the models in the format provided ONLY. Please limit your post to a single post with answers of the survey plus any additional comments. Additional comments will be attached to your original post and if no survey data is given, they will be deleted.[/u] I have added demographic data at the end to help Subaru devise a properly targeted marketing initiative. [b][size=4]The results will be tabulated and both posted here AND sent to Subaru of America.[/size][/b] Thank you for your time in advance. :cool: [i]For #1-3, answer with exactly which you would likely purchase, not both. Beyond that, multiple answers may be given if it fits your desire.[/i] #1 [b]Body Style:[/b] 1)Sedan 2)Wagon #2 [b]Trim:[/b] 1)Base-type (Cloth, etc) 2)Limited-type (Leather, etc) #3 [b]I would prefer:[/b] 1)A full STi model, like a step from a WRX to a WRX STi 2)A performance package that could address most of the STi model areas ----- [i]If you answered '1' to the previous question, continue at #4, if you answered '2', continue at #5. Do not answer both. Once you complete #4 or 5, please answer #6 and please fill in the demographic data at the end.[/i] ----- #4A [b]What engine would you choose of the following options:[/b] 1)Twin Turbocharged 3.0L H6 2)Single Turbocharged 3.0L H6 3)Single-Scroll Turbocharged 2.5L H4 4)Twin-Scroll Turbocharged 2.5L H4 #4B [b]How much power should this engine be producing? (hp/lb-ft respectively)[/b] 1)<250-280/250-280 2)About 280-300/280-300 3)300-330/300-330 4)330+/330+ #4C [b]Would you rather have an automatic gearbox of a manual gearbox:[/b] 1)STi 6-speed gearbox 2)Retain 5-Speed auto with significant cooling upgrades #4D [b]Would you rather have the following gearbox ratios:[/b] 1)Shorter and sportier ratios like in the USDM STi gearbox 2)Taller overdrive gears better for cruising as in the JDM Forester STi #4E [b]Does it matter which brakes I get?[/b] 1)No, plain-jane looking brakes are fine as long as they work very well 2)I think they should be Brembos or something name brand #4F [b]Would you rather have the following wheels (specify desired size):[/b] 1)Subaru OEM JDM Spec B Style 2)Subaru OEM Euro Spec B Style 3)BBS thin spoke forged (like USDM STi) 4)BBS multispoke forged (like JDM S401) 5)Other (please specify) #4G [b]What would you rather see for tires if you had an option?[/b] 1)Keep the RE92's on there, they work for me. 2)High Performance all-season's like Pirelli PZero Nero M&S, Toyo Proxes 4's, Falken Ziex ZE512, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3)Summer-only tires like Bridgestone Potenza RE050, Potenza S-03, Toyo T1-S, etc 4)Competition-type like Bridgestone RE070 (on STi), Pirelli PZero Corsa #4H [b]Which is more important overall?[/b] 1)Creature comforts 2)Performance #4I [b]Of the following features, what are necessary for this model? (List all that apply)[/b] 1)Navigation 2)HID Headlamps 3)Homelink 4)Other(s) (Please specify) 5)Nothing additional needed #4J [b]Your percieved value of such a model:[/b] 1)$30-32k 2)$32-34k 3)$34-36k 4)$36-38k 5)$38-40k ----- #5A [b]What would be your reason for choosing an option package over a full model?[/b] [i]You may answer with as many from this question as you like[/i] 1)Less visual to an STi model 2)Should cost less, but get the job done just about as well, better bang for buck 3)I don't need everything an STi model may come with (such as GT versus GT Limited packaging) 4)Other (Please specify) #5B [b]What would you feel should be changed from stock?[/b] 1)Tires 2)Wheels 3)Brakes 4)Suspension 5)Drivetrain (Transmission/Differentials) 6)Engine Performance 7)Exterior 8)Interior #5C [b]What would you rather see for tires if you had an option?[/b] 1)Keep the RE92's on there, they work for me. 2)Performance all-season's like Pirelli PZero Nero M&S, Toyo Proxes 4's, Falken Ziex ZE512 3)Summer-only tires like Bridgestone Potenza RE050, Potenza S-03, Toyo T1-S, etc 4)Competition-type like Bridgestone RE070 (on STi), Pirelli PZero Corsa #5D [b]Does it matter which brakes I get?[/b] 1)No, plain-jane looking brakes are fine as long as they work very well 2)I think they should be Brembos or something name brand #5E [b]Should there be any changes to the stock drivetrain?[/b] 1)No 2)Yes, Differentials only 3)Yes, it should have an upgraded gearbox 4)Yes, throw in the entire STi drivetrain #5F [b]What would you expect from engine performance enhancements?[/b] 1)ECU Upgrade (Netting perhaps 10-15chp) 2)ECU Upgrade + Sports Cat + Axle-Back (Netting perhaps 15-25chp) 3)ECU Upgrade + Full Turbo Back (Including Sports Cat) + STi Up-Pipe (Netting power figures similar to WRX STi) (Similar to Prodrive PP) 4)It should have a new Turbo, Intercooler & the whole 9 yards pushing power beyond the WRX STi #5G [b]Your percieved value of such a package:[/b] 1)$1-2k 2)$2-3k 3)$3-4k 4)$4-5k 5)$5-6k 6)$6k or more ----- #6 [b]Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months?[/b] 1)Yes 2)Maybe 3)No [b]Demographics:[/b] Sex (Male/Female): ___________ Age: __________ Type of Employment: __________ Region (State/Country): __________ ----- Thank you everyone for taking this survey. Cheers, Seth

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'll do a sample run for everyone... #1 - 2)Wagon #2 - 1)Base-type (Cloth, etc) #3 - 2)A performance package that could address most of the STi model areas #5A - 1)Less visual to an STi model 2)Should cost less, but get the job done just about as well, better bang for buck 3)I don't need everything an STi model may come with (such as GT versus GT Limited packaging) #5B - 1)Tires 3)Brakes 4)Suspension 5)Drivetrain (Transmission/Differentials) 6)Engine Performance #5C - 2)Performance all-season's like Pirelli PZero Nero M&S, Toyo Proxes 4's, Falken Ziex ZE512 #5D - 1)No, plain-jane looking brakes are fine as long as they work very well #5E - 4)$4-5k #5F - 2)Yes, Differentials only #5G - 3)ECU Upgrade + Full Turbo Back (Including Sports Cat) + STi Up-Pipe (Netting power figures similar to WRX STi) (Similar to Prodrive PP) #6 - 2)Maybe Demographics: Sex (Male/Female): Male Age: 22 Type of Employment: Student/Mechanical Engineering Region (State/Country): Midwest/Wisconsin

1) 1 2) 2 3) 1 4A) 2 (As Subaru didnt have much success with the B4 Twin Turbo as in power over the two scrol single turbo. 4B) 3 or there abouts 4C) 1 Unless they brought out a real WRC style SMG box like the M3 & M5. 4D) 1 4E) 2 More peformance should = more braking power required, this could be standard across all STi models. 4F) 4 but torn between 1 as well but they could be used specifically just for SpecB. 4G) 4 Why break the STi tradition. 4H) 2 as you can always replace things should they be required to make a more comfortable ride. 4I) 2 Also keep all features, leather, cruise, climate same as LTD model. 4J) 5 plus, being realistic here in Oz with the AUD against JPN. 6) 1 Today ! Demographics: Sex (Male/Female): Male Age: 31 Type of Employment: International Transport Logistics Region (State/Country): Victoria / Australia Adam. ***** EDITED ***** [quote name='axis008']Anyways, I think the Legacy STI should be a blend of performance and luxury, kind of like the M3/M5 (since BMW is after all heralded as the "Ultimate Driving Machine"). It would possibly up the image of Subaru by getting the mainstream image away from the boy racer look it has because of the Impreza model line, and to a more luxury and performance brand, coupled with reliability, safety, and durability.[/quote] Totally agree with the above, STi doesnt have to mean hardcore performance, BMW M3 & M5 have proven this including AMG @ Mercedes and even Ferrari for that matter. STi could certainly be a great blend of performance and comfort. Well put Axis. Adam.

#1 [b]Body Style[/b]: 1)Sedan 2)Wagon --- would be nice to have both, but if I had to choose absolutely one, it'd be the sedan, since that's what most people will purchase #2 [b]Trim[/b]: 1)Base-type (Cloth, etc) 2)Limited-type (Leather, etc) --- both except I'd like to have something two-toned like suede with leather or Alcantara with leather #3 [b]I would prefer[/b]: 1)A full STi model, like a step from a WRX to a WRX STi #4A [b]What engine would you choose of the following options[/b]: 4)Twin-Scroll Turbocharged 2.5L H4 #4B [b]How much power should this engine be producing? (hp/lb-ft respectively)[/b] 3)300-330/300-330 #4C [b]Would you rather have an automatic gearbox of a manual gearbox[/b]: 1)STi 6-speed gearbox #4D [b]Would you rather have the following gearbox ratios[/b]: 2)Taller overdrive gears better for cruising as in the JDM Forester STi #4E [b]Does it matter which brakes I get[/b]? 2)I think they should be Brembos or something name brand #4F [b]Would you rather have the following wheels (specify desired size)[/b]: 4)BBS multispoke forged (like JDM S401) #4G [b]What would you rather see for tires if you had an option[/b]? 4)Competition-type like Bridgestone RE070 (on STi), Pirelli PZero Corsa #4H [b]Which is more important overall[/b]? 1)Creature comforts #4I [b]Do you think the following features are necessary for such a model[/b]? 1)Navigation --- not necessary, but people like it. I'd stay old school though 2)HID Headlamps #4J [b]Your percieved value of such a model[/b]: 3)$34-36k #6 [b]Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months[/b]? 3)No --- as a college student, this is typical :(:( [b]Demographics:[/b] Sex (Male/Female): Male Age: 19 Type of Employment: Student (U.C. Davis) Region (State/Country): CA, U.S.A. First off, I'd like to commend Seth on making this survey. It will help in the long run. It would be nice to have a performance model for the Legacy, but I need to stress to others who are complaining and waiting for this car that Subaru JUST released their performance model. It's the 2.5GT :D. It's plenty faster than the previous models, so a big jump again won't come soon (unless maybe Subaru reads this and sees what consumers want :P). Anyways, I think the Legacy STI should be a blend of performance and luxury, kind of like the M3/M5 (since BMW is after all heralded as the "Ultimate Driving Machine"). It would possibly up the image of Subaru by getting the mainstream image away from the boy racer look it has because of the Impreza model line, and to a more luxury and performance brand, coupled with reliability, safety, and durability. The car will be everyday driveable and people who want to take it to the track or strip will be able to without worrying about anything. Also, after talking to Seth, a performance wagon would be a nice choice for people who like their looks and/or use their useability. Subaru shouldn't let consumers go elsewhere because of this. While Subaru doesn't have a car for every type of person, a performance wagon would be nice, because there aren't any moderatly priced, high-performance wagons out there, so Subaru can take hold of that market.
-ben

#1 [b]Body Style:[/b] 1)Sedan - Utility is all well and good, but sedans are generally a bit lighter because of the smaller greenhouse. #2 [b]Trim:[/b] 1)Base-type (Cloth, etc) - Again, keep the weight down, and the price as well by not cramming too many goodies into the car. #3 [b]I would prefer:[/b] 1)A full STi model, like a step from a WRX to a WRX STi #4A [b]What engine would you choose of the following options:[/b] 1)Twin Turbocharged 3.0L H6 #4B [b]How much power should this engine be producing? (hp/lb-ft respectively)[/b] 3)300-330/300-330 - Don't get too gonzo. 325 of each sounds like a nice number and won't set off the antennae of the insurance companies tooooo much. #4C [b]Would you rather have an automatic gearbox of a manual gearbox:[/b] 1)STi 6-speed gearbox - Hands down. Auto should not even be an option. #4D [b]Would you rather have the following gearbox ratios:[/b] 2)Taller overdrive gears better for cruising as in the JDM Forester STi - In a car with 300+ pounds of torque it shoudl be sufficient (in both the interests of fuel economy and comfort) to go with slightly taller gearing. It'd still be fast. #4E [b]Does it matter which brakes I get?[/b] 1)No, plain-jane looking brakes are fine as long as they work very well #4F [b]Would you rather have the following wheels (specify desired size):[/b] 4)BBS multispoke forged (like JDM S401) #4G [b]What would you rather see for tires if you had an option?[/b] 3)Summer-only tires like Bridgestone Potenza RE050, Potenza S-03, Toyo T1-S, etc #4H [b]Which is more important overall?[/b] 2)Performance - but only by a smidgen. #4I [b]Of the following features, what are necessary for this model? (List all that apply)[/b] 5)Nothing additional needed - Just really, really good seats. #4J [b]Your percieved value of such a model:[/b] 4)$36-38k - I assume these are US dollars. $36k US translates into about $49,000 Canadian, which is where I'd see this model. Over $50,000 would be hard for most people to swallow. Edit: [b]#6 Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months? [/b] 2)Maybe - I'd tend towards yes though. :D [b]Demographics:[/b] Sex (Male/Female): __Yes Please! Errr... Male!__ Age: ___32____ Type of Employment: _Purchasing Manager__ Region (State/Country): _Ontario, Canada___ -CW

#1 Body Style: Wagon I'm not of a fan of the sedan looks and I just love wagons and this would be awesome as a wagon a la the RS4 and new RS6 Plus #2 Trim: 1)Base-type (Cloth, etc) #3 I would prefer: 1)A full STi model, like a step from a WRX to a WRX STi ----- If you answered '1' to the previous question, continue at #4, if you answered '2', continue at #5. You answer either #4 OR #5, not both depending on your answer to #3. ----- #4A What engine would you choose of the following options: 1)Twin Turbocharged 3.0L H6 #4B How much power should this engine be producing? (hp/lb-ft respectively) 3)300-330/300-330 #4C Would you rather have an automatic gearbox of a manual gearbox: 1)STi 6-speed gearbox #4D Would you rather have the following gearbox ratios: 1)Shorter and sportier ratios like in the USDM STi gearbox #4E Does it matter which brakes I get? 1)No, plain-jane looking brakes are fine as long as they work very well #4F Would you rather have the following wheels (specify desired size): 5)Other (please specify) I'm not quite sure at this time #4G What would you rather see for tires if you had an option? 2)High Performance all-season's like Pirelli PZero Nero M&S, Toyo Proxes 4's, Falken Ziex ZE512, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S #4H Which is more important overall? 2)Performance #4I Of the following features, what are necessary for this model? (List all that apply) 1)Navigation atleast optional for those who want it 2)HID Headlamps should be standard #4J Your percieved value of such a model: 3)$34-36k 4)$36-38k Somewhere around these values ----- ----- #6 Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months 2)Maybe Demographics: Sex (Male/Female): _____male____ Age: ______18____ Type of Employment: __Student________ Region (State/Country): ___New Jersey_______

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

#1 Body Style: 2)Wagon #2 Trim: 1)Base-type (Cloth, etc) #3 I would prefer: 1)A full STi model, like a step from a WRX to a WRX STi #4A What engine would you choose of the following options: 1)Single Turbocharged 3.0L H6 #4B How much power should this engine be producing? (hp/lb-ft respectively) 3)300-330/300-330 #4C Would you rather have an automatic gearbox of a manual gearbox: 1)STi 6-speed gearbox #4D Would you rather have the following gearbox ratios: 1)Shorter and sportier ratios like in the USDM STi gearbox #4E Does it matter which brakes I get? 1)No, plain-jane looking brakes are fine as long as they work very well #4F Would you rather have the following wheels (specify desired size): 4)BBS multispoke forged #4G What would you rather see for tires if you had an option? 2)High Performance all-season's like Pirelli PZero Nero M&S, Toyo Proxes 4's, Falken Ziex ZE512, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S #4H Which is more important overall? 2)Performance #4I Of the following features, what are necessary for this model? (List all that apply) 1)Navigation optional 2)HID Headlamps standard #4J Your percieved value of such a model: 3)$34-36k #6 Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months 1)Yes Demographics: Sex (Male/Female): Male Age: 31 Type of Employment: Actuary (business/insurance field) Region (State/Country): Georgia/USA

[quote name='SUBE555'] #1 [b]Body Style:[/b] 1)Sedan 2)Wagon -- WAGON #2 [b]Trim:[/b] 1)Base-type (Cloth, etc) 2)Limited-type (Leather, etc) -- BASE #3 [b]I would prefer:[/b] 1)A full STi model, like a step from a WRX to a WRX STi 2)A performance package that could address most of the STi model areas 1 -- STi (we are in the process of putting together our individual packages anyway) ----- [i]If you answered '1' to the previous question, continue at #4, if you answered '2', continue at #5. You answer either #4 OR #5, not both depending on your answer to #3.[/i] ----- #4A [b]What engine would you choose of the following options:[/b] 1)Twin Turbocharged 3.0L H6 2)Single Turbocharged 3.0L H6 3)Single-Scroll Turbocharged 2.5L H4 4)Twin-Scroll Turbocharged 2.5L H4 -- Price not a factor: 1. Price a factor: 4 #4B [b]How much power should this engine be producing? (hp/lb-ft respectively)[/b] 1)<250-280/250-280 2)About 280-300/280-300 3)300-330/300-330 4)330+/330+ -- 3 :twisted: #4C [b]Would you rather have an automatic gearbox of a manual gearbox:[/b] 1)STi 6-speed gearbox 2)Retain 5-Speed auto with significant cooling upgrades -- 1. definitely. #4D [b]Would you rather have the following gearbox ratios:[/b] 1)Shorter and sportier ratios like in the USDM STi gearbox 2)Taller overdrive gears better for cruising as in the JDM Forester STi -- 2. cruising and gas mileage need not be ignored. highway passing power important. #4E [b]Does it matter which brakes I get?[/b] 1)No, plain-jane looking brakes are fine as long as they work very well 2)I think they should be Brembos or something name brand -- 1. substance over style. painted calipers are nice tho... :roll: #4F [b]Would you rather have the following wheels (specify desired size):[/b] 1)Subaru OEM JDM Spec B Style 2)Subaru OEM Euro Spec B Style 3)BBS thin spoke forged (like USDM STi) 4)BBS multispoke forged (like JDM S401) 5)Other (please specify) -- Anything along the lines of 8 or 10 spoke lightweight 18" rim - e.g. prodrive, volk, etc. #4G [b]What would you rather see for tires if you had an option?[/b] 1)Keep the RE92's on there, they work for me. 2)High Performance all-season's like Pirelli PZero Nero M&S, Toyo Proxes 4's, Falken Ziex ZE512, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3)Summer-only tires like Bridgestone Potenza RE050, Potenza S-03, Toyo T1-S, etc 4)Competition-type like Bridgestone RE070 (on STi), Pirelli PZero Corsa -- 3. high performance, but not max performance like the impreza sti. #4H [b]Which is more important overall?[/b] 1)Creature comforts 2)Performance -- 2. for sure. #4I [b]Of the following features, what are necessary for this model? (List all that apply)[/b] 1)Navigation 2)HID Headlamps 3)Homelink 4)Other(s) (Please specify) 5)Nothing additional needed -- 2, 3, 4: traction control/VDC; others could be optional #4J [b]Your percieved value of such a model:[/b] 1)$30-32k 2)$32-34k 3)$34-36k 4)$36-38k 5)$38-40k -- 2 (base, with options, up to around $36k) ----- #5B [b]What would you feel should be changed from stock?[/b] 1)Tires 2)Wheels 3)Brakes 4)Suspension 5)Drivetrain (Transmission/Differentials) 6)Engine Performance 7)Exterior 8)Interior -- 1: definitely, 2: 18" rims, 3: performance oriented brakes, but brembo name not required, 4: slightly lower ride height and firmer ride, better roll control; 5: 6 speed manual, no auto; 6: 300/300 minimum; 7: side sills, maybe slightly revised front and rear air dams; 8: boost gauge (I felt like answering this anyway :wink: ) ----- #6 [b]Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months?[/b] 1)Yes 2)Maybe 3)No -- 1. YES! [b]Demographics:[/b] Sex (Male/Female): __male_________ Age: ___34_______ Type of Employment: ___lawyer_______ Region (State/Country): ____DC______ [/quote]
getting out of the legacy game :cool:

#1 Body Style: 1)Sedan #2 Trim: 1)Base-type (Cloth, etc) <-- And add some more colors for crying out loud! #3 I would prefer: 1)A full STi model, like a step from a WRX to a WRX STi #4A What engine would you choose of the following options: 4)Twin-Scroll Turbocharged 2.5L H4 <-- I don't know too much about #4B How much power should this engine be producing? (hp/lb-ft respectively) 3)300-330/300-330 #4C Would you rather have an automatic gearbox of a manual gearbox: 1)STi 6-speed gearbox #4D Would you rather have the following gearbox ratios: 2)Taller overdrive gears better for cruising as in the JDM Forester STi #4E Does it matter which brakes I get? 2)I think they should be Brembos or something name brand #4F Would you rather have the following wheels (specify desired size): 4)BBS multispoke forged (like JDM S401) <-- 17's are fine. Maybe 18's. #4G What would you rather see for tires if you had an option? 2)High Performance all-season's like Pirelli PZero Nero M&S, Toyo Proxes 4's, Falken Ziex ZE512, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S #4H Which is more important overall? 2)Performance #4I Of the following features, what are necessary for this model? (List all that apply) 1)Navigation 2)HID Headlamps 3)Homelink 4)Good road/noise dampening 5)Good stereo with nice speakers, that can play MP3's. 6) Please please please NO crazy spoilers. I'm not a big fan of the USDM Legacy spoiler, nor the STI spoiler. I DO like the simple elegance of the JDM Legacy lip spoiler. 7) Options for a body kit 8) THICKER PAINT COAT. Yeesh, is it so hard to put on paint that doesn't chip when bugs hit it?! #4J Your percieved value of such a model: 2)$32-34k ----- #6 Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months? 2)Maybe - already bought a Legacy GT Sedan... Demographics: Sex: Male Age: 28 Type of Employment: IT Professional. Region (State/Country): California

#1 [b]Body Style:[/b] Wagon #2 [b]Trim:[/b] 2)Limited-type (Leather, etc) #3 [b]I would prefer:[/b] 1)A full STi model, like a step from a WRX to a WRX STi #4A [b]What engine would you choose of the following options:[/b] 2)Single Turbocharged 3.0L H6 #4B [b]How much power should this engine be producing? (hp/lb-ft respectively)[/b] 4)330+/330+ #4C [b]Would you rather have an automatic gearbox of a manual gearbox:[/b] 1)STi 6-speed gearbox #4D [b]Would you rather have the following gearbox ratios:[/b] 2)Taller overdrive gears better for cruising as in the JDM Forester STi #4E [b]Does it matter which brakes I get?[/b] 2)I think they should be Brembos or something name brand #4F [b]Would you rather have the following wheels (specify desired size):[/b] 4)BBS multispoke forged (like JDM S401) #4G [b]What would you rather see for tires if you had an option?[/b] 3)Summer-only tires like Bridgestone Potenza RE050, Potenza S-03, Toyo T1-S, etc #4H [b]Which is more important overall?[/b] 1)Creature comforts #4I [b]Of the following features, what are necessary for this model? (List all that apply)[/b] 1)Navigation 2)HID Headlamps 3)Homelink Factory tinted rear windows Roof rail delete option. Upgraded stereo/speakers w/ mp3 changer. #4J [b]Your percieved value of such a model:[/b] 5)$38-40k #6 [b]Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months?[/b] 3)No ... unless I sell my Legacy ... [b]Demographics:[/b] Sex (Male/Female): __M_________ Age: ____25______ Type of Employment: ___Tech_______ Region (State/Country): ___CA_______

#1 Body Style: 1)Sedan #2 Trim: 1)Base-type (Cloth, etc) #3 I would prefer: 1)A full STi model, like a step from a WRX to a WRX STi #4A What engine would you choose of the following options: 1)Twin Turbocharged 3.0L H6 #4B How much power should this engine be producing? (hp/lb-ft respectively) 4)330+/330+ #4C Would you rather have an automatic gearbox of a manual gearbox: 1)STi 6-speed gearbox #4D Would you rather have the following gearbox ratios: 1)Shorter and sportier ratios like in the USDM STi gearbox #4E Does it matter which brakes I get? 2)I think they should be Brembos or something name brand #4F Would you rather have the following wheels (specify desired size): 5)Other (please specify): BBS CH 18" #4G What would you rather see for tires if you had an option? 3)Summer-only tires like Bridgestone Potenza RE050, Potenza S-03, Toyo T1-S, etc #4H Which is more important overall? 2)Performance #4I Of the following features, what are necessary for this model? (List all that apply) 2)HID Headlamps Plus: true sports seats (e.g., Recaro or Sparco) w/lumbar adjustment; traction control; entirely revised suspension (think M3); true high-quality stereo system (McIntosh, Infinity, Bose, etc... pick your poison) with in-dash CD-changer. #4J Your percieved value of such a model: 4)$36-38k #6 Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months? 1)Yes Demographics: Sex (Male/Female): Male Age: 34 Type of Employment: Research/Academics Region (State/Country): California ---------------- Additional comments: Great survey, SUBE 8) Well thought-out and purposeful. To summarize my thoughts about a higher-performance Legacy: it should surpass the current benchmark set by the BMW M3 (there is no 4-door M3 currently being sold in the US, but it is quite popular in Europe), while having the added benefit of AWD. Should outperform the current WRX STi in every respect (0-60 mph, 5-60 mph, 0-100 mph, 1/4 mile, etc), especially at higher speeds (90+ mph), and obviously with much less "rawness" but no loss in driver's feel and "involvement" (steering feel is particularly important). I would like a high-performance, no-frills sedan with a decent level of comfort (the current base LGT's is just right) and an actual hi-fi sound system, so that I wouldn't have to change a thing. Pay the $37K for my "ideal" car, do absolutely nothing to it, drive and be happy that all is under warranty :) --- Edited to add demographics info.

#1 Body Style: 1)Sedan Really would prefer a hatchback similar to Mazda6; can carry so much more with a hatchback. I'm willing to give up a marginal amount of body stiffness. Will not buy a fixed rear seat sedan which lacks even a ski pass-through! (Ahem, somebody goofed big time on the US STi) #2 Trim: 2)Limited-type (Leather, etc) If I wanted a base interior, I'd be looking at the WRX STi #3 I would prefer: 1)A full STi model, like a step from a WRX to a WRX STi ----- If you answered '1' to the previous question, continue at #4, if you answered '2', continue at #5. You answer either #4 OR #5, not both depending on your answer to #3. ----- #4A What engine would you choose of the following options: 1)Twin Turbocharged 3.0L H6 Yeah I'm a twin turbo 3.0L 6 cylinder bigot #4B How much power should this engine be producing? (hp/lb-ft respectively) 4)330+/330+ More concerned about low end torque than max horsepower #4C Would you rather have an automatic gearbox of a manual gearbox: 2)Retain 5-Speed auto with significant cooling upgrades Please DO NOT USE the WRX STi 6 speed gearbox; no one wants to shift into 4th to do 40mph (well I don't anyway); arm is tired within 5 miles of city driving #4D Would you rather have the following gearbox ratios: 2)Taller overdrive gears better for cruising as in the JDM Forester STi Should be able to hit 60mph in 2nd (not that you would drive in 2nd at that speed) if for no other reason than marketing purposes; lots of torque should compensate for the higher gearing; besides excessive shifting negatively impacts acceleration even for the best drivers #4E Does it matter which brakes I get? 1)No, plain-jane looking brakes are fine as long as they work very well 2)I think they should be Brembos or something name brand Not hung up on name; just make them do 60-0 in under 110 feet. #4F Would you rather have the following wheels (specify desired size): 1)Subaru OEM JDM Spec B Style 2)Subaru OEM Euro Spec B Style 3)BBS thin spoke forged (like USDM STi) 4)BBS multispoke forged (like JDM S401) 5)Other (please specify) Not hung up on wheel brands either; but leave the "bling"/"ghetto"/"ricer" factor to other cars; a lightweight classic 5 pointed star, non-chrome, is fine #4G What would you rather see for tires if you had an option? 2)High Performance all-season's like Pirelli PZero Nero M&S, Toyo Proxes 4's, Falken Ziex ZE512, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Make the most of AWD's advantage; buying AWD for dry summer driving only is a waste of money IMO. #4H Which is more important overall? 1)Creature comforts 2)Performance I'll say (2) but I don't think it can be an either or #4I Of the following features, what are necessary for this model? (List all that apply) 2)HID Headlamps other) Conservative wing which does not draw unwanted unattention from cops Driving through inclement weather is stressful enough without contending with dimly lit roads; #4J Your percieved value of such a model: 3)$34-36k ----- #5 N/A ----- #6 Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months? 1)Yes Demographics: Sex (Male/Female): Male___________ Age: _33_________ Type of Employment: High Tech/Computers__________ Region (State/Country): _Northern California_________

#1 Body Style: Both or 2) Wagon #2 Trim: 2) Limited-Type (prefer option) #3 I would prefer: 2) Perf Package ----- If you answered '1' to the previous question, continue at #4, if you answered '2', continue at #5. Do not answer both. Once you complete #4 or 5, please answer #6 and please fill in the demographic data at the end. ----- #5A What would be your reason for choosing an option package over a full model? 2) Should cost less/ More bang for the buck #5B What would you feel should be changed from stock? 1)Tires 2)Wheels 3)Brakes 4)Suspension 5)Drivetrain (Transmission/Differentials) 6)Engine Performance 7)Exterior 8)Interior All of the above #5C What would you rather see for tires if you had an option? 3)Summer-only tires like Bridgestone Potenza RE050, Potenza S-03, Toyo T1-S, etc #5D Does it matter which brakes I get? 2)I think they should be Brembos or something name brand #5E Should there be any changes to the stock drivetrain? 4)Yes, throw in the entire STi drivetrain #5F What would you expect from engine performance enhancements? 3)ECU Upgrade + Full Turbo Back (Including Sports Cat) + STi Up-Pipe (Netting power figures similar to WRX STi) (Similar to Prodrive PP) #5G Your percieved value of such a package: 5)$5-6k ----- #6 Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months? 3)No Demographics: Sex (Male/Female): ___________ Male Age: __________ 28 Type of Employment: __________ Finance Region (State/Country): __________ WA / USA

[quote name='SUBE555'] #1 [b]Body Style:[/b] 1)Sedan well...not much to say, but i want the STi Lip and Wing as standard #2 [b]Trim:[/b] 2)Limited-type (Leather, etc), i think it looks great. #3 [b]I would prefer:[/b] 2)A performance package that could address most of the STi model areas, which is more than enough for me :D ----- [i]If you answered '1' to the previous question, continue at #4, if you answered '2', continue at #5. Do not answer both. Once you complete #4 or 5, please answer #6 and please fill in the demographic data at the end.[/i] ----- ----- #5A [b]What would be your reason for choosing an option package over a full model?[/b] [i]You may answer with as many from this question as you like[/i] 2)Should cost less, but get the job done just about as well, better bang for buck #5B [b]What would you feel should be changed from stock?[/b] 1)Tires 2)Wheels 3)Brakes 4)Suspension 5)Drivetrain (Transmission/Differentials) 6)Engine Performance 7)Exterior #5C [b]What would you rather see for tires if you had an option?[/b] 3)Summer-only tires like Bridgestone Potenza RE050, Potenza S-03, Toyo T1-S, etc 4)Competition-type like Bridgestone RE070 (on STi), Pirelli PZero Corsa #5D [b]Does it matter which brakes I get?[/b] 2)I think they should be Brembos or something name brand #5E [b]Should there be any changes to the stock drivetrain?[/b] 2)Yes, Differentials only #5F [b]What would you expect from engine performance enhancements?[/b] 2)ECU Upgrade + Sports Cat + Axle-Back (Netting perhaps 15-25chp) #5G [b]Your percieved value of such a package:[/b] 3)$3-4k ----- #6 [b]Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months?[/b] 1)Yes [b]Demographics:[/b] Sex (Male/Female):Male Age: 3X Type of Employment: __________ Region (State/Country): SoCal ----- Thank you everyone for taking this survey. Cheers, Seth[/quote]

#1 Body Style: Sedan #2 Trim: 2)Limited-type (Leather, etc) #3 I would prefer: 1)A full STi model, like a step from a WRX to a WRX STi . ----- #4A What engine would you choose of the following options: 1)Twin Turbocharged 3.0L H6 #4B How much power should this engine be producing? (hp/lb-ft respectively) 3)300-330/300-330 #4C Would you rather have an automatic gearbox of a manual gearbox: 1)STi 6-speed gearbox #4D Would you rather have the following gearbox ratios: 2)Taller overdrive gears better for cruising as in the JDM Forester STi #4E Does it matter which brakes I get? 1)No, plain-jane looking brakes are fine as long as they work very well #4F Would you rather have the following wheels (specify desired size): 3)BBS thin spoke forged (like USDM STi) #4G What would you rather see for tires if you had an option? 2)High Performance all-season's like Pirelli PZero Nero M&S, Toyo Proxes #4H Which is more important overall? 2)Performance #4I Of the following features, what are necessary for this model? (List all that apply) 1)Navigation 2)HID Headlamps 3)Homelink #4J Your percieved value of such a model: 2)$32-34k ----- #6 Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months? 1)Yes Demographics: Sex Male Age: Region (State/Country):Maryland

#1 - 2 (both) #2 - 2 #3 - 1 (not quite as flashy) #4A - 1 #4B - 4 #4C - 1 #4D - 2 #4E - 2 #4F - 5 GT/shiney B4 stock, gold option. Inch or two bigger wouldn’t hurt my feelings. #4G - 2 #4H -2 #4I - 5; less flashy than the Impreza STi. #4J - 4 ($35-37g) #5 - n/a #6 -1 Demographics Sex - Male Age - 19 Employment - Student Region - Boulder, Colorado, USA If there is to be a performance version, since the GT is badass as it is, they might as well make an M5 beater. Should have sedan and wagon availability, WR Blue color, I say keep the wheels it has, or ones very similar in style. A gold option would be great. I think styling should be kept clean, smooth as it is, I don't want flashy spoilers, chunky scoops, or the like as in the Impreza STi. The Legacy is no longer a rally car, and diversification of the STi style would make sense. As in keeping with the "adult's WRX" theme. Great job 555 and keep up the good work. [b]P.S.[/b] - Stereo, DCCD would be excellent. Preferably maintain a base/limited choice.

1. 1-sedan 2. 2-limited 3. 1-A full STi model, like a step from a WRX to a WRX STi 4A. 1-Twin-Scroll Turbocharged 2.5L H4 4B. 4-350whp 4C. 1-manual 4D. 2-Taller overdrive gears better for cruising as in the JDM Forester STi 4E. 2-brembo, stoptech, willwood... endless 4F. 5-18" bronze volk te37 4G. 3-bridgestone s-03 4H. 1-comfort 4I. 2-HID 4J. 1/2-30k-33k 6. 3-no Demo. male, 22yrs, fulltime worker/parttime student, Los Angeles California..

#1 [b]Body Style:[/b] 1)Sedan #2 [b]Trim:[/b] 2)Leather seats with improved bolstering and perhaps a suede insert to keep the driver from sliding #3 [b]I would prefer:[/b] 1)A full STi model, like a step from a WRX to a WRX STi (But do not call it a Legacy GT STi.. just call it a Legacy STi) #4A [b]What engine would you choose of the following options:[/b] 4)Twin-Scroll Turbocharged 2.5L H4 #4B [b]How much power should this engine be producing? (hp/lb-ft respectively)[/b] 2)About 280-300/280-300 #4C [b]Would you rather have an automatic gearbox of a manual gearbox:[/b] 1)STi 6-speed gearbox (but with not quite as short gearing as the current WRX STi's gearbox) #4D [b]Would you rather have the following gearbox ratios:[/b] 1)Shorter and sportier ratios like in the USDM STi gearbox #4E [b]Does it matter which brakes I get?[/b] Not really, but if they are name brand, I wouldn't mind. 1)No, plain-jane looking brakes are fine as long as they work very well #4F [b]Would you rather have the following wheels (specify desired size):[/b] 4)BBS multispoke forged (like JDM S401) #4G [b]What would you rather see for tires if you had an option?[/b] 2)High Performance all-season's like Toyo Proxes 4's, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, or BFG KDW's #4H [b]Which is more important overall?[/b] 2)Performance #4I [b]Of the following features, what are necessary for this model? (List all that apply)[/b] 2)HID Headlamps (not necessary, but would be nice) 3)Homelink 4)power seats 5)Improved stereo, with auxiliary input and possibly MP3 support 6)Programmable key fob (1 press to unlock all doors please!) 7)Full gauge cluster in the dash (boost, oil pressure, water temp, EGT) 8)DCCD might be kind of cool (or at least an improved front differential and beefed up drivetrain like the WRX STi) #4J [b]Your percieved value of such a model:[/b] 3)$34-36k #6 [b]Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months?[/b] 3)No [b]Demographics:[/b] Sex (Male/Female): Male Age: 20 Type of Employment: Student/Electrical Engineer Region (State/Country): Wisconsin, USA

#1 - 2)Wagon #2 - 2)Limited-type (Leather, etc) #3 - 1)A full STi model, like a step from a WRX to a WRX STi #4A - 4)Twin-Scroll Turbocharged 2.5L H4 (Would really prefer the 2.7L H4 twin-scroll) #4B - 3)300-330/300-330 (325 HP/TQ would be optimal to keep it under the insurance radar) #4C - 1)STi 6-speed gearbox (absolutely!) #4D - 2)Taller overdrive gears better for cruising as in the JDM Forester STi (shorter 1-4, taller 5 and 6) #4E - 1)No, plain-jane looking brakes are fine as long as they work very well (AP or other lightweight high performance brakes would be optimal - Brembos tend to be heavier (more costly) and add a lot of unsprung weight) #4F - 4)BBS multispoke forged (like JDM S401) in 17" and 18" choices #4G - 2)High Performance all-season's like Pirelli PZero Nero M&S, Toyo Proxes 4's, Falken Ziex ZE512, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S #4H - 2)Performance (comfort is already there) #4I - 2)HID Headlamps; 3)Homelink; 4) Other - Concealed Trailer Hitch #4J - 2) $32-34k #6 - Yes Demographics: Sex (Male/Female): Male Age: 49 Type of Employment: Senior Mgmt Consultant Region (State/Country): SoCal, USA
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

#1 Body Style: 1)Sedan #2 Trim: 1)Base-type (Cloth, etc) #3 I would prefer: 2)A performance package that could address most of the STi model areas #5A What would be your reason for choosing an option package over a full model? You may answer with as many from this question as you like 1)Less visual to an STi model 2)Should cost less, but get the job done just about as well, better bang for buck 3)I don't need everything an STi model may come with (such as GT versus GT Limited packaging) #5B What would you feel should be changed from stock? 1)Tires 4)Suspension 6)Engine Performance #5C What would you rather see for tires if you had an option? 2)Performance all-season's like Pirelli PZero Nero M&S, Toyo Proxes 4's, Falken Ziex ZE512 #5D Does it matter which brakes I get? 1)No, plain-jane looking brakes are fine as long as they work very well #5E Should there be any changes to the stock drivetrain? 3)Yes, it should have an upgraded gearbox 6Spd #5F What would you expect from engine performance enhancements? 2)ECU Upgrade + Sports Cat + Axle-Back (Netting perhaps 15-25chp) or 3)ECU Upgrade + Full Turbo Back (Including Sports Cat) + STi Up-Pipe (Netting power figures similar to WRX STi) (Similar to Prodrive PP) #5G Your percieved value of such a package: 1)$1-2k 2)$2-3k 3)$3-4k ----- #6 Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months? 2)Maybe Demographics: Sex (Male/Female): ____Male___ Age: ____22____ Type of Employment: __Systems Technician_ Region (State/Country): ___IL_____ -----

#1 [b]Body Style:[/b] 1)Sedan #2 [b]Trim:[/b] 2)Limited-type (Leather, etc) #3 [b]I would prefer:[/b] 1)A full STi model, like a step from a WRX to a WRX STi #4A [b]What engine would you choose of the following options:[/b] 4)Twin-Scroll Turbocharged 2.5L H4 #4B [b]How much power should this engine be producing? (hp/lb-ft respectively)[/b] 3)300-330/300-330 #4C [b]Would you rather have an automatic gearbox of a manual gearbox:[/b] 1)STi 6-speed gearbox #4D [b]Would you rather have the following gearbox ratios:[/b] 2)Taller overdrive gears better for cruising as in the JDM Forester STi #4E [b]Does it matter which brakes I get?[/b] 2)I think they should be Brembos or something name brand #4F [b]Would you rather have the following wheels (specify desired size):[/b] 1)Subaru OEM JDM Spec B Style #4G [b]What would you rather see for tires if you had an option?[/b] 2)High Performance all-season's like Pirelli PZero Nero M&S, Toyo Proxes #4H [b]Which is more important overall?[/b] 1)Creature comforts (This type model would need to look at going towards the "we're going more luxery" type models of the M and S4 which shouldn't be too difficult really) #4I [b]Of the following features, what are necessary for this model? (List all that apply)[/b] 1)Navigation (option) 2)HID Headlamps (Standard) 4)Other(s) (Digital Gauge setup similar to an R34 type which would be multifunction for those adding the Nav. system) #4J [b]Your percieved value of such a model:[/b] 3)$34-36k 4)$36-38k 5)$38-40k #6 [b]Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months?[/b] 1)Yes [b]Demographics:[/b] Sex (Male/Female): Male Age: 27 Type of Employment: Finance Region (State/Country): MD/USA

[quote]#1 [b]Body Style:[/b] 1)Sedan 2)Wagon #1 #2 [b]Trim:[/b] 1)Base-type (Cloth, etc) 2)Limited-type (Leather, etc) #2 #3 [b]I would prefer:[/b] 1)A full STi model, like a step from a WRX to a WRX STi 2)A performance package that could address most of the STi model areas STI BABY! ----- [i]If you answered '1' to the previous question, continue at #4, if you answered '2', continue at #5. Do not answer both. Once you complete #4 or 5, please answer #6 and please fill in the demographic data at the end.[/i] ----- #4A [b]What engine would you choose of the following options:[/b] 1)Twin Turbocharged 3.0L H6 2)Single Turbocharged 3.0L H6 3)Single-Scroll Turbocharged 2.5L H4 4)Twin-Scroll Turbocharged 2.5L H4 Can I say a twin scrolled 3.0L H6? Definitely one turbo.. less repair costs if things go wrong. #4B [b]How much power should this engine be producing? (hp/lb-ft respectively)[/b] 1)<250-280/250-280 2)About 280-300/280-300 3)300-330/300-330 4)330+/330+ #3 #4C [b]Would you rather have an automatic gearbox of a manual gearbox:[/b] 1)STi 6-speed gearbox 2)Retain 5-Speed auto with significant cooling upgrades Defintely 6-speed, simply because that's what the competitors have. #4D [b]Would you rather have the following gearbox ratios:[/b] 1)Shorter and sportier ratios like in the USDM STi gearbox 2)Taller overdrive gears better for cruising as in the JDM Forester STi Sportier #4E [b]Does it matter which brakes I get?[/b] 1)No, plain-jane looking brakes are fine as long as they work very well 2)I think they should be Brembos or something name brand Brembos or name brand, again, not for me.. for the market. #4F [b]Would you rather have the following wheels (specify desired size):[/b] 1)Subaru OEM JDM Spec B Style 2)Subaru OEM Euro Spec B Style 3)BBS thin spoke forged (like USDM STi) 4)BBS multispoke forged (like JDM S401) 5)Other (please specify) #4 #4G [b]What would you rather see for tires if you had an option?[/b] 1)Keep the RE92's on there, they work for me. 2)High Performance all-season's like Pirelli PZero Nero M&S, Toyo Proxes 4's, Falken Ziex ZE512, Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3)Summer-only tires like Bridgestone Potenza RE050, Potenza S-03, Toyo T1-S, etc 4)Competition-type like Bridgestone RE070 (on STi), Pirelli PZero Corsa #2 #4H [b]Which is more important overall?[/b] 1)Creature comforts 2)Performance #2 with a touch of #1 #4I [b]Of the following features, what are necessary for this model? (List all that apply)[/b] 1)Navigation 2)HID Headlamps 3)Homelink 4)Other(s) (Please specify) 5)Nothing additional needed #3 would be nice #4J [b]Your percieved value of such a model:[/b] 1)$30-32k 2)$32-34k 3)$34-36k 4)$36-38k 5)$38-40k #3 seems reasonable, but the market might not want a Subaru that spendy ----- ----- #6 [b]Would you be able to financially put down the money for your desired model within 6 months?[/b] 1)Yes 2)Maybe 3)No #3, I just bought a GT! [b]Demographics:[/b] Sex (Male/Female): _____M______ Age: _____28_____ Type of Employment: ____Scientician______ Region (State/Country): ____WI______ [/quote]

#1) Sedan #2) 1)Base type-Cloth with Moon-roof option./ TRUE BUCKET SEAT OPTION WITH SHOULDER AND SIDE BOLSTERS. 2) Limeted type-Leather ect #3) A full STI model-No holds bared and no corner cutting. #4) TWIN-SCROLL TURBOCHARGED 2.5L H4 #4b) 300/300 or 280/280 #4C 1) STI 6-Speed with STI SHORT THROW SHIFTER/ NOTHING LESS. #4D 1) Shorter Ratios (Please God!) #4E Brembos would be fine but, I would not mind Boch or any other compitent name brand performance breaks. #5) Light weight wheels..don't have to be forgeds just light weight. #4G) Competent sports tires with high tread wear like Potenza RE750's. 4H) A nice ballance of both. 4I) HID Headlamps. 4J) 30-32K 6) YES Demographics- Sex-Male Age 26 Employement- Banker Region- VA

Archived