LegacyGT.com

Cobb turbo back exhaust is it worth the Dollar amount?

AZTEC_DEVIL1

Ive been debating between purchasing a spt catback exhaust or a cobb turbo back exhaust system. Are the 800 dollars extra, worth it for the cobb exhaust? Also will it make a big diffrence on the performance of my baby(07Lgt)? Please help me decide which would be the best purchase. :)

cobb is very pricey, but good quality. you can also find good quality at less of a price. you can also get the SPT catback and then buy a down pipe and come out cheaper than the cobb turboback (in effect making your own turboback)

knowledge is power.

edit: theres another thread on the same page (this page, page one) "Cobb Stage 2" that is the same thing, look there.

cobb downpipe has the advantage of reuisng that donut gasket, it's a piece of lead or something in a cone shape that fits between the flanges of the midpipe and the back end of the downpipe. Invidia doesn't have it. I was lucky that I had just enough flange to work with both the donut and a crush gasket and reused both. Otherwise, it's easy to get an exhaust leak there.

Grats on your purchase. You won't be disappointed. I'm a firm believer that if you want something nice, get the best. Don't cheap out, or you end up doing it twice for more than if you got a better brand in the first place.

IE: if you are going to upgrade something nice, like your house or your car, etc... you wouldn't buy wal-mart cabinets to redo your house. Why cheap out on your car.

cobb downpipe has the advantage of reuisng that donut gasket, it's a piece of lead or something in a cone shape that fits between the flanges of the midpipe and the back end of the downpipe. Invidia doesn't have it. I was lucky that I had just enough flange to work with both the donut and a crush gasket and reused both. Otherwise, it's easy to get an exhaust leak there.

Grats on your purchase. You won't be disappointed. I'm a firm believer that if you want something nice, get the best. Don't cheap out, or you end up doing it twice for more than if you got a better brand in the first place.

IE: if you are going to upgrade something nice, like your house or your car, etc... you wouldn't buy wal-mart cabinets to redo your house. Why cheap out on your car.

exactly..

just a little FYI, i got my dp for 200 and my MR cat back used on the boards for 375 making my grand total for a turbo back 575. I couldnt be happier with the sound AND fitment was great. You dont have to spend a well over a thousand dollars on a turboback to get a quality piece. ive been running the dp for over a year and the catback for maybe 6 months, not one problem. Read up before you run off and buy all of cobbs packages because thats how youll find yourself in debt.:lol: expensive doesnt always mean good, remember that

just a little FYI, i got my dp for 200 and my MR cat back used on the boards for 375 making my grand total for a turbo back 575. I couldnt be happier with the sound AND fitment was great. You dont have to spend a well over a thousand dollars on a turboback to get a quality piece. ive been running the dp for over a year and the catback for maybe 6 months, not one problem. Read up before you run off and buy all of cobbs packages because thats how youll find yourself in debt.:lol: expensive doesnt always mean good, remember that

expensive doesnt always mean good, this is true..and paying in cash means no debt =).... you got a good deal on your stuff...glad its working out well for you! I just found out my Cobb TBE is gona be a 3 week back order!! ARG!!!

I got my one piece turbo back for $300 ish and worked with an exhaust guy and made a cat back...$150 ish

then bought someone's stock exhaust with an e cutout

then bought a used magnaflow catback

and after all of that I spent less than what you would pay retail .

be patient and watch the boards, read about what people are using and you can come up with an amazing set up without spending a ton.

it helps if you have other members nearby... go to meets and listen... that is how I have come up with what I run on any car I buy.

no, being expensive doesn't mean being good. but you shouldn't dismiss it because it is expensive. Cobb is a brand name with a reputation. that's why they don't cut their prices.

a cobb catback exhaust is about $1095 bucks. IMO, worth every penny. For others megan racing or another brand might be what they are looking for. I wanted a specific sound, that's why I love mine.

link from COBB's website of TBE

http://www.cobbtuning.com/info/media.asp?id=3502

COBB - definitely good quality and they really do engineer it well.

I can only imagine the drone that you'd get with the COBB catback (without resonator) on a wagon. I know they don't sell a wagon "fitment", but that's because the exhaust can finishers are too short and they don't want to produce them apparently. Everything else is the same.

I was seriously considering a COBB catted DP and mid/Y to my Prodrive cans, but am rethinking this IVO the missing resonator. The only other resonated mid, that I'm aware of, is the Perrin, but I'm not interested in that product.

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

Archived