LegacyGT.com

06 Legacy 2.5i wagon 0-60?

I just sold my 97 Outback wagon.

Has the 2.5i been tested for 0-60 and 0-100 times anywhere? I don't imagine the extra 5-10 hp makes much of a difference, but can't hurt.

My concern is that the 4 cyl wagons work awfully hard. MPG on my old wagon would drop to low 20's when loaded or in hills.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

I have an 03 2.5 non-turbo.

I need a tune up..so.. but last I tried a 0-60 run it was around 10 seconds.

I have an Auto too.

Check out this thread in the Naturally Aspirated Forums section of our site.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22130

I average about 23~25 MPG but I run the hell out of the car..as well, I beleive that the 05~06's have bigger gas tanks by a couple gallons.

0-60mph, 2.5i with 5 MT will be very fast, but 4AT, expecting 10 seconds, or more

the 4AT is smooth but really really slow.

My '99 does in just under 8. Not that I ever measured it, but Im positive that my '96AT (with the 2.5) didnt take that long. However these cars are lighter.

My '99 does in just under 8. Not that I ever measured it, but Im positive that my '96AT (with the 2.5) didnt take that long. However these cars are lighter.

Wow, that's amazingly better than my '97, over 10, but I guess the 99 weighs less, has a bigger motor and more hp than the 97.

Who Dares Wins

スバル

Wow, that's amazingly better than my '97, over 10, but I guess the 99 weighs less, has a bigger motor and more hp than the 97.

Sorry, I neglected to mention that I dont have a stock air filter. Ive got the K & N. Slight hp boost, but obviously not one that would shave off 2 seconds. But yeah, definately under 8, Ive measured it with the GForce Pro.

Sorry, I neglected to mention that I dont have a stock air filter. Ive got the K & N. Slight hp boost, but obviously not one that would shave off 2 seconds. But yeah, definately under 8, Ive measured it with the GForce Pro.

that's fast, but is your 99 a turbo 2.5? if yours is a na, that's really fast:icon_bigg

I just sold my 97 Outback wagon.

Has the 2.5i been tested for 0-60 and 0-100 times anywhere? I don't imagine the extra 5-10 hp makes much of a difference, but can't hurt.

My concern is that the 4 cyl wagons work awfully hard. MPG on my old wagon would drop to low 20's when loaded or in hills.

Its not the extra 5-10hp that makes the difference its the change in HP curve and torque curve that makes this motor much more pleasurable/useable. I drove this motor in an 06 Forester loaner and its night and day difference from my mothers 04 Forester.

• 3 years later...

Old thread but why not....

Got an 05 Legacy 2.5i 4EAT results from dynolicious run a few days ago:

0-60: 9.93s

1/4mi: 17.49 @82.8mph

Not a speed daemon by a long stretch but certainly fast enough for a daily driver.

Archived