LegacyGT.com

Differences between....

An auto downpipe and a 5spd downpipe...

other than the support tab, what else is there? they look damn close to me. Has anyone just relocated the tab and mounted one with no issues?

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp166/crf150yo/2012-09-26_16-06-30_72.jpg

http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp166/crf150yo/2012-09-28_11-41-48_529.jpg

The rear o2 bung and the support tab are what's different. You have to stretch the rear o2 to make it reach on a MT car using an auto down (undo the clippy stays on the transmission for the rear o2 line). I used a steel bracket to use the support tab (lazy way) instead of getting it moved.

Yeah, I had an auto downpipe that was reflanged for a vf38. Had to unclip from the top frontish of the tranny (connector that clips on the thin metal bracket) and the just moved the cheap plastic xmas tree clip up the o2 line. It's a stretch but it will work.

It's off now as my VF38 hybrid blew, so I switched back to single scroll. I believe it is a reflanged catted perrin. So yes, while it was on (year and a half), I was running a catted downpipe for an auto on my 5mt. It is a stretch for the rear o2 to reach, don't get me wrong there. I screwed the rear o2 in and had it disconnected from the harness, then reconnected it to the harness once the DP was on the car.

I'll see if I can find it, just cleaned out the garage and have no idea where anything is anymore. I'll be honest, it was more for visual security lol I doubt it did a ton of support but it made me feel better ha

I think I spent more time making the bracket than it would have taken to cut the tab off and weld it back on.

Archived