LegacyGT.com

OBXT questions

Rear wheel bearings are under extended warranty 8yrs/100k miles.

Change your engine oil every 3750miles/4 months. Subaru revised the interval especially with the turbo setup in 2005 only on LGT/OBXT. They have a screen(search banjo bolt) that can plug up and block flow to turbo leading to an early demise. 2006 they revised the turbo design slightly and this part is used for 2005 also during replacement.

Lastly, if you read this board for all the problems take that grain of salt. I will only post in 4yrs/75k miles of ownership of a 05 LGT 5mt wagon the only unexpected issue has been a burned out headlight. Maintenance besides Subaru 30k's has been set of front/rear brakes.

Better stereo and tinted glass were standard for '09. Other than that, I think the only that changed over the years was the grill and dash design, the powertrain stayed the same.

Didn't you just have a newer WRX? Why the move to an older XT?

Late response to your ^^ question. I liked my '09 WRX. It was fairly quick and I didn't have any issues. However, it had an 08/08 build date which meant the engine might eventually fail from the spun bearing issue, so I never could mod it too much in case I needed the warranty. I also wanted a larger wagon.

im trading in come spring if i dont go private sale on my truck. debating between LGTs and OBXTs. been noticing the obxt wont match up with lgt parts all the time. are there companies that dabble with obxts or are you guys left to mod lgt parts? if so mild modding needed or what? i just keep seeing "modded lgt part". i mean im fairly capable but modding new parts just sucks haha

Basically all turbo-backs up to the y should be compatible but you may have to get longer exhaust hangers or do some "adjusting" to make everything work it just depends. As long as you specify MT vs AT there shouldn't be too much of an issue and except for the sound you're only losing out on maybe 5whp by keeping the stock mufflers and replacing everything else.

AVO, however, did just start putting out an Outback version of their LGT muffler.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111728

The Ridiculousness is no more :( But you can have your very own piece of it. **The Ridiculous Part Out.** :D

The bushing is not a Subaru part, as far as I know, and it's unlikely that your dealership would have put one in. There are several third-party vendors for them. I recently had one installed on my Spec.B, and it made quite a difference in shifter feel. HPH

Archived